Freezing or Crashing Chat freezing up

Discussion in 'Bugs and Errors' started by Ashley_00, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Ashley_00

Ashley_00 Active Member

Money:
    125⛀
    This has been going on for a couple days now, usually happens during typing where the chat would freeze up and then crash, sending me back to the log in screen. Tried switching from safari to google and that didn’t solve the issue either

2. stratonim012

stratonim012 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,944⛀
    Similar here too

3. HungScholar

HungScholar Member

Money:
    116⛀
    Thought this was only happening to me

4. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    211,500⛀
    Developers can't begin looking into it until they have the following info:

Web browsers
    Which device
    OS version

5. stratonim012

stratonim012 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,944⛀
    Safari/Chrome
    iPad Pro (3rd Gen)
    iPadOS 17.4.1

6. HungScholar

HungScholar Member

Money:
    116⛀
    Safari/ Chrome
    iPhone 13 Pro

7. Ashley_00

Ashley_00 Active Member

Money:
    125⛀
    Safari/Chrome
    iphone 14 Pro
    IOS 17.4.1

8. London_26

London_26 New Member

Money:
    31⛀
    Hi all,

I’m using an IPhone 15 to access this site. Over the last couple weeks it’s been freezing/crashing constantly.

Is anyone else having this issue?

CollegeBf likes this.
  9. CollegeBf

CollegeBf New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    41⛀
    I don’t know what’s going on, but for the last two weeks the site will randomly freeze every few minutes, making me log back in and have to restart all my role plays. This makes using this site unusable, as the frustration outweighs the enjoyment by a mile. This has been a consistent problem for weeks, and after asking others in the chat room, it appears to be a common issue.

HungBullBWC likes this.
  10. CollegeBf

Money:
    41⛀
    Yes! This happens all the time for me, it’s sooooo so frustrating. I can’t use the site anymore because if it

11. Stanthropical

Money:
    211,500⛀
    There's only two complaints, which isn't useful for troubleshooting, especially with lack of details of what's happening or not happening and when / where.

CollegeBf likes this.
  12. CollegeBf

Money:
    41⛀
    Well I can’t say why there are more complaints, but I’m happy to share all the information I can!

The issue happens while typing in the chat rooms. There doesn’t appear to be a set time when this happens (sometimes it happens twice within a minute, sometimes it doesn’t happen until 30 minutes into a rp).

This issue occurred only when you’re typing something (DMs, Chat Rooms, the search bar on the members tab, etc). When it does happen, everything freezes. The letter just tapped on the keyboard freezes so it’s still highlighted, the whole screen stops working. The reload button also is frozen, the only way to stop it is to manually turn off the search engine being used and then turn it back on, at which time the website reloads back to the original menu before signing in.

I have encountered this issue on an IPhone X, XR, and iPhone 11. On these devices I have used Google, Google Chrome, and Safari (all facing the same issue)

I have asked multiple members of the community when roleplaying if this is a common experience, and this appears most common for mobile users.

If there is any more information I can provide, please let me know! I want to do everything I can to get this fixed. Thank you all for your good work!

13. HungBullBWC

HungBullBWC New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    103⛀
    Same thing is happening to me. Started around the same time too. There isn’t anything ‘happening’. The site just crashes randomly—chat refreshes, conversations aren’t saved, all chat history is lost.

There isn’t anything on our end that would cause it to crash. It’s seemingly arbitrary. Everything appears normal. So, it would seem it’s something out of a typical user’s sight—on the backend.

It crashes every ~20-30min for me and has been doing this for ~2 weeks.

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 17.5 using OperaGX browser. No RAM, storage, CPU, or Network issues detected. This only happens on the chat site. Doesn’t happen directly on FCN. Doesn’t happen on any other site—only the schat subdomain.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024 at 10:51 AM
    CollegeBf likes this.
  14. HungBullBWC

Money:
    103⛀
    Same here. For ~2 weeks. iPhone 12 Pro running iOS v17.5 using OperaGX browser. Only happens on the schat subdomain. Doesn’t happen on FCN.com or any other website.

15. HungBullBWC

Money:
    103⛀
    OperaGX
    iPhone 12 Pro
    iOS 17.5

16. CollegeBf

Money:
    41⛀
    Yeah I also think it’s been happening the last two weeks, maybe longer. This wasn’t always a problem

17. Stanthropical

Money:
    211,500⛀
    Forwarding to Dev.

Which OS version, @CollegeBf?

18. Stanthropical

Money:
    211,500⛀
    Merged three threads together for better info organization.

19. London_26

London_26 New Member

Money:
    31⛀
    Thanks for picking this up everyone.

My IOS version is 17.4.1

20. Stanthropical

Money:
    211,500⛀
    Has typing been behaving as if it's delayed? More so in last few weeks than previously? Does it get worse over time as you're chatting? Is it slow from the beginning? Has anything else changed in terms of performance?

Need to also know the browser and phone model.