Does god exist? and if yes then why they cant be seen in present time?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by goku1234, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Pantohorse

Pantohorse Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    762⛀
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

Epicurus

xyzrp and HandsomeDevil like this.
  2. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

This logic is in bad faith according to the teachings of the Bible and the Abrahamic God in general. The idea that this life is *meant* to be a Utopia is false. That's actually the opposite of what the Bible teaches. Satan is lord of this world, evil runs amok, as soon as God's people rest for 5 minutes they are corrupted yet again. Jesus is all about resisting temptations of this world and loving all humans.

Anyone that thinks that life ought to be peaceful, without suffering or struggle - man, run away. These people clearly don't know how the world works. And they won't be prepared until they grow up.

Life is suffering. That's the one thing we know for certain. Cessation of suffering is always good. Always. Facing adversity and not being corrupted builds character. Living by a strict code of morals and behavior gives you purpose in life. And that's all you can really ask for.

Pantohorse and IslandGirl26 like this.
  3. Kartika918

Kartika918 New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    Some religion want world-domination

4. Pantohorse

Pantohorse Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    762⛀
    God cannot be found but through the philosophy that the texts allow him to be seen. I do not believe in him, but I believe in his words when shown in a good light.

5. DurtySouth

DurtySouth Well-Known Member

Until scientists can provide a definitive answer as to how the first matter spontaneously appeared in the universe, I can't completely discount the possibility of a force or entity that would be referred to as a "god." With that being said, even if such an entity does exist, I believe that if you are completely honest with the facts, it clearly is not some sort of benevolent father figure that protects us and guides our lives as many religions suggest.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    EzMthan1144 likes this.
  6. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    If you have ever had a voice in your head telling you not to do something bad ; then that is your moral compass . Some believe that is your spiritial life force . i believe it is that little still voice of God guiding us through life . So yes there is a God . No one human or big bang theory could ever create a perfect Universe .

XxxGABRIELLAxxX likes this.
  7. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    If you believe that Satan exist ; then you must know that he was an angel of heaven at one time . Now that he is a fallen angel who wanted to be equal to God ; can you still deny that God exist ?

8. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    So what you are saying is ; people have no soul !! Well a little over 2 thousand years ago no one denied the existence of Jesus Christ !! And Jesus said " I and My father are one .
    If you have seen me then you have seen my Father " . And i am not afraid of the emptiness !! I look forward to seeing my True Father !!

9. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Pretty much yes. I'm not denying the existence of Christ but if he was around in this day and age they would lobotomise him.

And your last point pretty much enforces my view. You're not afraid of the emptiness because you have something to look forward to (God). That isn't emptiness. That is the opposite of emptiness, you want to see your God because the reality of the lights being switch off for good and laying lifeless in the cold ground to eventually become worm food is a lonely one.

10. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Well i may never change your mind but i do not believe people are soul less . Including you !!

11. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    If you ever take the time to try and read The Bible you will know that good and evil were written about in the very first chapter . And i have noticed that for one who does not believe in God ; you certainly show utt most respect for him with spelling his name with a capital G !!

12. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Again what has good and evil got to do with it. Our moral compass has changed. What was good in the bible when it was originally wrote is frowned upon now and vice versa.

And you know the Bible is wrote by man? Not exactly the most trustworthy source to begin with.

I spell it with a capital G because my mother tongue is English and I was taught that way. Also my keyboard does a lot for me. Nothing to do with respect for some almighty being depending on which almighty being we are talking about since there's bloody loads of them.

13. lonelydick

lonelydick New Member

Money:
    23⛀
    God really exist, do you think we came into this world out of some fucking theory proposes by science? from history to foretold upcoming mysteries,i 2000% believes God exist.

EzMthan1144 likes this.
  14. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    I agree with you ; but sadly many more do not these days !!

15. Lucy11

Lucy11 Active Member

Money:
    988⛀
    I love how this whole thing turned into a fight... Personally, i believe god doesn't exist. Humans made him up to give purpose to their life which they thought to be meaningless. Most relegions say that suffering is good and are just tests from god to give u a place in heaven or whtvr... All these rules and morals mentioned in holy books are good to live by, they might make u a better person, but it'd be for the wrong reasons. if u want to help people, only hoping to find a place in heaven and not end up in hell, its a good way to control people into being good but is still wrong. people would lose their minds when they realize there is no code to stand by or rules to follow. Truth is u can do anythng u want and be anyone... nothing is wrong or right. the only things u hav to stand by are ur own morals, because there is no hell or heaven, u urself decide what is bad and good. Death is the end of lifeie. no afterlife. (imagine asking, where does a computer go after it shuts down? does it have a soul? where does its soul go when never turn it on again?) Our body is a machine made of carbon compounds.
    build ur own morals and dont let old books decide who u are. many relegious books say controversial, like not supporting same-sex love etc. But im pretty sure, if ud look close enough, ud see that the actual texts are only misinterpreted in the wrong way by people with wrong thoughts.

Male_uk likes this.
  16. You need a reason why he does surely

17. I am accountable for my actions and I will judge myself!