I know it is wrong of me to think this, but I really believe

Discussion in 'Religion' started by luv2lickwetkat, Apr 3, 2019.

1. luv2lickwetkat

luv2lickwetkat Member FCN Regular

Money:
    379⛀
    that those that truly believe that Jesus was of divine birth are not my intellectual equivalents. Don't get me wrong, the guy was a huge part of humanity, our calendar is dictated by his life for damn sake. The difference is I don't have to believe he was the son of some mythical character to make him important. I really wish I could have faith, but the fact that I don't makes it my responsibility to make this life as close to what I imaging heaven is or I'm doing myself and all those that I know and love a disservice.

2. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,506⛀
    there are religions that do not subscribe to the notion that he was the son. There are some that do not even believe in that at all. Also I do not believe any calendar is dictated by his life

Bennettrose likes this.
  3. luv2lickwetkat

luv2lickwetkat Member FCN Regular

Money:
    379⛀
    The whole 2019 is 2019 years after Jesus passed, so time is based on before Jesus and after jesus. Time is measured based off one man's life. So he does dictate the calandar. Not arguing just stating fact. And you are right, the just religions of the world do not preach him as the son of crist, but in the Christian values that this country was supposedly built by sure do!

4. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,506⛀
    I just have missed that in history class. The United States was not built on Christian values. That is a myth that was perpetuated in the 19th century to get people to become more religious. In fact John Adams even said that the government is not founded on the Christian religion.

5. As someone from the UK it always amazes me how America has so many religious people! It is the most advanced and innovative country by a mile and is run by people who can’t openly say they are atheist! lol I just think it’s more to do with politics and culture!

luv2lickwetkat likes this.