Playstation VR

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Pastime' started by Kelsey12, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Kelsey12

Kelsey12 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have one that can recommend games? I'm getting one for Christmas (actually, it's already been got, but I gotta wait), and I need games to go with it. Everything I've read online is wishy-washy... some say good; some say bad. I downloaded Until Dawn because it was free, and the package comes with VR Worlds. That's all I've got, that I know of.

Thankee Sai

2. Kelsey12

I looked at Doom. I'm not much of a shoot & kill kinda girl, but the heart racing part of it got me interested. I tried playing the non-VR version of Skyrim, but it lost me early into the game. I'll take a look at Star Trek.

Much thanks. :)

3. heinzfred

heinzfred Guest

Is VR really worth it ?

DamianaMinx likes this.
  4. heinzfred

heinzfred Guest

I have tried some cheap ones with my phone,and it gave me a headache maybe the real deal would not make me feel this way

5. heinzfred

heinzfred Guest

I might have to give it another shot for sure the one I tried as you mention was pretty cheap and really blurry def not the best for a first try hehe

DamianaMinx likes this.
  6. heinzfred

heinzfred Guest

Oh yeah it sure has come a long way cant wait to see what the future holds for VR

DamianaMinx likes this.
  7. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

We use Vr as training aids at work but it side my head in but it's amazing, our r&d depts in us have been using and developing AR (argumented reality) and VR for training and control systems, the matrix is on its way.

heinzfred and DamianaMinx like this.
  8. Kris1973

Not as far away as you think, have you ever high fived some 6 thousand miles away it's hilarious you both nearly fall over..

DamianaMinx likes this.
  9. Kris1973

After using this for several hours it is bloody exhausting need regular brakes/ reality checks. I can also use a normal screen and run through things in pr partial reality where only 1 person needs to be in it . Great for close training.

DamianaMinx likes this.
  10. Kris1973

Mainly used for real time training where the trainee sees a real object, say a control module on a drone and he can wirk on it live and the trainer (me) can we see what he sees on a normal screen and use virtual tools to show what ever needs to her seen really clever stuff also being developed so in field repairs can be carried out remotely.

DamianaMinx and heinzfred like this.
  11. heinzfred

heinzfred Guest

Now that's amazing

12. Kris1973

Now for caution, I've repaired a rather expensive price if navel equipment from leeds via PR which was in middle of Atlantic ocean using 3 technitions who carried out repair. This was an exercise not real as it left a rather large important vessal with 0 radar visiblity and control of air defences. I love my job :)

heinzfred likes this.
  13. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    I've never tried VR but I could imagine racing games and shoot em ups are where they will flourish

Kris1973 likes this.
  14. heinzfred

heinzfred Guest

Racing games with VR that would be pretty sick

15. Kelsey12

They have a bundle that comes with GT Sport, but I already have that, so I don't feel the need for a second copy, or another racing game... at least not yet.

16. Kelsey12

Has anyone played Moss yet? I've seen the trailer & read some reviews, and it looks like something I would enjoy, but if I can get real person feedback, that'd be better.