Does god exist? and if yes then why they cant be seen in present time?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by goku1234, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Is that unbelievable though? The first 'humans' where probably little more than a chimp.

Considering there are civilisations that are older than the great flood we could safely assume there weren't any wild reptiles competing for our food.

2. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,481⛀

humans share 99.9 percent of their genome sequence with each other most scientific studies. say we share 98.5% of our DNA with chimpanzees our closest genetic relative. but humans share approximately 60 percent of their DNA with banana plants.

MannyMan and WomenRfromVenus like this.
  3. MannyMan

MannyMan Well-Known Member

Money:
    17,875⛀
    In my personal yet untrained and quite flawed way of seeing this snowglobe we call earth is that we share traits genetic in nature to so many things within this terrarium because we are simply part in it. We are like 60% to 80% water depending on our age and the things we eat, the climate we live in, the amount of viruses and diseases we expose ourselves to can determine the antibodies we can create in order to fight them off, I could go on and on as to how complex we are as individuals not to mention by race, gender, etc.... We are wonders to behold by those standards alone, yet we have developed an enhanced brain that can build and destroy ourselves from within. Trying to understand God by our measures of intellect and faith throughout our existence in this planet has caused genocide and destruction because it always comes down to the EGO we all possess along with the fear that we are simply a part of an even greater ecosystem that we have been charged with to protect in order to survive. I think since the first human set foot on the ground understanding that we hold the key to a greater understanding by simply putting thought to work we have accomplished great feats, but we trip ourselves up not doing the task that's in front of us instead we stop and argue who is better than, what look is greater than, which version of right and wrong should we go by....in doing so we fall into a much more tribal mentality that historically doesn't end well for those who don't participate or just stray away from the conversation. Religion was created by man in order to direct and lead the masses no matter what faith you follow. Faith is the personal belief in something far greater than yourself. Hope is the way we try and wrestle with how we can do the impossible. Somewhere in that cycle we developed a way to call on a greater thing in order for us to explain the unexplainable. That's not a bad thing, it's a beautiful thing. Still we destroy belief in others because it may not coincide with "my" version of it. There is an evolution in human nature, much the same way a child evolves into an adult. That I believe is the Human Experience.

I believe in god, but not in the way most Christians, Muslims, place whatever faith or denomination fits here does. Mainly because there are sooooooooo many untruths, half truths and/or misconceptions of who or what GOD is. It's almost led me to believe in a more intimate level, a church of just me. Not saying follow my path, no.... Do your own research, seek it out, knock on some doors, accept what is unacceptable and what seems uncomfortable and be led by something greater than yourself. If GOD does exist he/she/it will lead you down the path you were meant to go. OK I'm done ranting... back to our regular program!

Pistil, xyzrp and WomenRfromVenus like this.
  4. Demi_x

Demi_x Weirdo FCN Regular

Money:
    3⛀
    No, I don’t believe in God. The default position on any belief is to restrain belief until you have sufficient evidence, and in this case I don’t feel there is but I am always open to anyone who wants to demonstrate it

RoxSta and GamerGirl92 like this.
  5. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    199,513⛀
    Yes, he is omnipresent and omnipotent. He's the one that holds everything together. Even demons know he exists because they shriek when he's around.

A Striking Contrast in Responses

"The passage itself reveals a striking contrast between the response of people to Jesus' authority and the response of demons. On the one hand, people were amazed at Jesus' power and authority. They reacted with wonder, curiosity, and surprise because He taught as no one they had ever heard before. On the other hand, demons were terrified of Christ, they responded in horror, dread, and panic. Those divergent reactions lie at the heart of understanding the significance of this passage. Both the demons and the people were sinful. Yet only the demons shrieked with fear. They understood Jesus was their judge who could cast them into hell. The people certainly did not."

Jesus is and will always be judge over us. Demons even knew His power, yet people today purposely blind themselves to His deity of Christ.

Mark 1:21-28

sharn likes this.
  6. keneth_paddy

keneth_paddy New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    142⛀
    he may exist or may not. every person has different opinion based on the incidents they have faced or what they read or watch.

Personally i think god exist but god is definitely not like we humans have presented him as a pure, unbiased and one who will always help the poor & punish the bad men . god doesn't care how you live your life, what choices you make in life.

7. realityman

realityman New Member

Money:
    51⛀
    Yes I believe. Not sure who or what it will be but it is there. There is a afterlife and a creator. I have witnessed too many things through my years to deny that. Some here that reject the existence will change their minds later through their life.

8. Pistil

Pistil Guest

Beautifully said.

WomenRfromVenus likes this.
  9. updowncharm

updowncharm New Member

Money:
    121⛀
    God exists in the mind of those who believe it and if it makes them happier, why not?

I'm happier with a universe free of superstition and gods, but that's a personal choice.

Religions do exist and cause a lot of mess.

10. Pistil

Pistil Guest

Religions cause a mess when a particular set of beliefs is imposed - whether through teachings or force - as absolute and/or superior to other sets of beliefs.

The question of whether God exists makes for an interesting philosophical debate. But in a dualistic world, in which the question is framed as an absolute (yes or no - see the relationship to my first sentence), is hopeless. That is to say it’s unresolvable.

Blake said something like “the body is that portion of the soul perceived by the senses.” That is to say (positing the notion of a soul) that we perceive based on limited sensory impressions that we render intellectually into thought and argument. But it’s limited.

What does a fish know of water? They are so closely related, so symbiotically connected, that there is little distinction. Yet if a fish were given intellect, could it argue for the existence of a world without water? No. It couldn’t even argue the existence of water, having known nothing else.

So how can I say absolutely there is or isn’t something that may exists beyond the limits of my experience or beyond my capacity to fathom it. Given that possibility, who can say that god does or doesnt exist?

The notion of “god” itself is so bound up in cultural and religious preconceptions as to be hopelessly limited - so as to make the terms of the debate itself questionable at best.

Existence is an intellectual concept. But that doesn’t stop us from battling the question.
    It’s just our nature. And the either/or premise, for my money, allies itself with the confining tenants of ... gasp ... religion. :)

11. light_seeker

light_seeker New Member

Money:
    5⛀