Trum.ps border policies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dcdevon, May 3, 2019.

1. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,041⛀
    I am a bit concerned as to why people think Tr.umps border policies are a good idea and are working. If the idea is that they will discourage people from crossing illegally and make us ' safer ' then they are failing miserably. And by that reasoning making us less ' safe ' . There were 47,984 arrests for crossing in January, 66'884 in February ( an 11 year high ) and 92' 607 arrests in March . But people keep tauting these policies as if they are effective. But if more people are attempting to cross and only a percentage of people coming between ports get caught , then obviously they aren't working. So I'm a bit concerned. We have this huge ' crisis ' at the border and the Presi.dent doesn't have a way to fix this 'crisis' . And omg ! We are actually less ' safe ' ! But people keep backing these ineffective policies. So is it cognitive dissonance? Stubbornness? I don't know. If anyone would care to enlighten me on why they still support these policies? Why they think they are working? And how it's good for America I'd like to hear them. I truly am curious.

2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    208,021⛀
    I wonder whether people know what a huge number of "illegal aliens" results from legal crossings (flights, etc) and decisions to simply not leave.

3. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,041⛀
    I don't think many do. Most people here without proper paperwork overstayed visas , or crossed at a legal port of entry . But everyone is focused on the border . Because that's what certain people want them to focus on. It's classic fear mongering. Create a crisis that needs to be fixed . In this case the ' others ' coming into our country. Then say only you can fix it , while the other political party can't . Meanwhile not doing anything to actually solve the problem. And unfortunately it works . At least on a group of people anyway.

4. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

You can't be for big government while simultaneously not believing in borders, or doing away with the concept of citizenship. You do know how taxes work, right? You do pay taxes, right? Illegal aliens cost the taxpayer $16,000,000,000* (that's billion) dollars every single year. The wall would cost 8 billion, at the least, and a liberal estimate would be 20 billion. The wall alone wouldn't stop much, but no one ever said that's all we need - we also need more border patrol agents and better technology, to protect the American people from illegals coming here to commit crime, get on welfare and foodstamps and live in section 8 housing.

Legal immigrants are welcome, and always have been. They're documented, pay taxes and actually commit less crime than the general public. You've also repeatedly said on this forum that Rudeman said white nationalists are "good people", and I pointed out how that's fake news, and you're wrong. You haven't responded, yet you're still ranting how you think illegal aliens should be able to just walk in - which coincidentally, hurts real immigrants who are applying for citizenship.
    *https://www.fairus.org/issue/public...n-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers
    I look forward to your response. Thank you. Have a good day.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  5. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,041⛀
    April was another record month for illegal border crossings. With twice as many as April last fiscal year . But instead of coming up with an actual plan Tr.ump , Miller etc come up with something they know Democrats will not support. So I ask again does anyone still still support this Administration's border policies? And if so why ? Do you think they are working? If you respond with faux news or Brietbart propaganda I m not going to answer . I'm not looking to trade ideology or talk about whether the DOJ has the right to enforce immigration law
    I've never said they don't or shouldn't. That's an attempt at distraction to avoid answering my questions.

6. KingDavid

I agree. We need to build the wall.

7. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,021⛀
    Will planes be able to fly over these walls? How about an air wall on both coasts and at Canadia?

8. KingDavid

The wall's mostly symbolic. It's not going to stop all illegals, but it'll be a mostly symbolic deterrent. No one's saying we should ONLY build a wall and call it a day. One time payment of 8-20 billion dollars on a wall is nothing compared to *116 billion dollars annually for the costs of illegal aliens.

*https://www.fairus.org/press-releases/new-fair-study-illegal-immigration-costs-116-billion-annually

Help me help you clean of the forum and instill order, and I'll never make an opinionated, religious or political thread/post again. I'll be the benevolent, stoic forum mod that this place needs. I don't care about chat. Chat is awful. Sleep on it.

9. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,021⛀
    Lol that report/study is junk. Show to me several additional, independent studies, coming up with very close to same numbers, including citations to sources with specifically and unquestionably itemized data relevant to the focus of the topic. I saw nothing in that format with undeniable evidence. We can all read, but who pays attention to what we're reading?

Go back to sleep, son.

10. KingDavid

I got it from the NY TIMES of all places, in an emotionally and factually manipulative article telling you how to feel about border control.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/27/us/Rudeman-cost-illegal-immigration.html

If you're telling me the NY Times is fake news, I agree with you, but not on the specifics.

11. KingDavid

Your censor nuked my link. You can change it in the URL, if you feel like it. I prove my points and how I can help improve this place, even when I'm not trying to. I'm getting tired. But this was fun. If you don't want any help, then I'll move on to something else. I'd rather read my book instead.

12. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,021⛀
    I don't care where you've found the words you're regurgitating. Show to me identical result studies by numerous bodies.