Battling depression? You're not alone.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by DV8Rune, Apr 13, 2019.

1. HotGothLadyBoy666

HotGothLadyBoy666 Vampire

Money:
    199,513⛀
    You are welcome

WordSalad likes this.
  2. HotGothLadyBoy666

HotGothLadyBoy666 Vampire

Money:
    199,513⛀
    So true and thanks for the picture.

RPSingleLogan likes this.
  3. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

Same here buddy. :/

I'm here if you wanna talk.
    I'm here if anybody wanna talk. You won't bother me. I promise. :)

UnsaintedCali and RPSingleLogan like this.
  4. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Getting of the dreaded antidepressants was the best thing ever, they served a purpose but you get to the point where you just don't need them. After 8 years on lamotigine and sertraline and occasional needs when I drop. Emdr treatment was really good couldn't recommend enough.

5. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

Same here. If you need to talk, or change your mind. Don't hesitate to send me a message.

UnsaintedCali likes this.
  6. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

Anytime. ;)

UnsaintedCali likes this.
  7. nessabbyxo

nessabbyxo Guest

8. Davidm692017

Davidm692017 Guest

9. Davidm692017

Davidm692017 Guest

I find this helpful. I was never able to make meds work but much of the advise here has helped. Depression is very real and not just having a bad day. Peace friends

10. Davidm692017

Davidm692017 Guest

Today I am good. Keeping the black dog at bay. I hope you are too cheers !

11. Melisandre

Melisandre Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,421⛀
    I've been dealing with it for almost my whole life. My parents took me to a child psychologist after we moved to a new state. But they're the most useless therapists and will determine that nothing is wrong with you if you do well enough on a standardized testing process that involves reading and naming shapes. All they actually look for is possible issues with your IQ or an attention disorder :rolleyes:

I didn't get a proper diagnosis until I was 22 after spending about a year in a very deep depression, then another half year in a terrible manic state that landed me in the hospital. I struggled to keep up with my medication and therapy routines for quite some time. It took about seven years to really get everything right, after having a mini breakdown that was caused by my brief time in med. school and hopping off to another continent for a few months to party and get away from everything. My cancer diagnosis last year set me back after doing pretty well for a couple of years, but I was lucky enough to be in the hospital for almost three weeks when that happened because it gave the staff a chance to work with me and get back on the right track with medication adjustments.

12. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

Melisandre and RPSingleLogan like this.
  13. Stillwaters

Stillwaters Guest

The years it took me to allow myself to think this, let alone act on it. Swapping retreat and the resulting self-loathing for a cathartic, heart-healing "f*ck off" was a revelation.

A note of appreciation for stating it so well.

FrankBlack likes this.
  14. Jonch

Jonch New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    84⛀
    Thanks for hearing from you. I like your braveness to express your true self and letting us to know abput you

15. Jonch

Jonch New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    84⛀
    Thanks for sharing

16. SUNNBEAM

SUNNBEAM Guest

Oh boy, this thread was last updated in 2019. But here goes nothing.

I was diagnosed with moderate depression sometime back in my teen years and in all honesty, I was too terrified to talk about it with my family and kept my mouth shut. I'm not sure if it has gotten better or worse as the years progressed. Theres moments where I'm completely rocking at life and the next day I crumble completely. I get manic and irrational and destroy myself to the point where there have been moments I quit my jobs and cut off everyone completely. It's like the more I strive the further I'm dragged down. The only thing that makes me the happiest these days is complete silence. When its silent and i'm all alone, I feel at ease. And perhaps these are just mood swings and I will get better eventually but my goodness. My goodness. There are days where i get the temptation to just completely wreck myself and belittle myself to the point of no return. These days, these days life is hard. Every day I tell myself, "I'll persevere. With, or without" and so far, it has kept me sane. I would love to be alone forever and be happy in the silence but if I'll be honest, I would very much like for someone to just let me bawl my eyes out to and not mind my wheezy ass cry.

So to whichever hardships any of us are going through, lets do our best and keep going. We shall persevere and we will push ourselves to the best of our abilities. One day at a time.

GrumpyPigeon and Daph like this.
  17. AmberrUK

AmberrUK Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    41,963⛀
    Having struggled with anxiety and depression for the best part of 10years it’s a) not a laughing matter and b) not fucking awesome

sexyBabe92 likes this.
  18. sexyBabe92

sexyBabe92 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    29,184⛀
    I agree with you and I’ve been fighting depression and anxiety over 15 years

AmberrUK likes this.