Blocked due to VPN/Spam

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow Help & Support' started by Nips, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Nips

Nips Guest

Hey,

I’ve been having trouble recently accessing the site when connected to my WiFi on my iPhone. I’ve been clearing my cache/history and this normally resolves the issue however, I’ve been receiving the below message today and can not login unless I disconnect from my WiFi.

I was also banned from chat the other day due to the below message but when I cleared my cache/history, I signed in without any problems still connected to WiFi.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2019
  2. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,398⛀
    You are using a vpn or have a vpn associated with your account. It's on your end.

3. Lupine

Lupine Guest

@Bignipss

This might help.

https://www.hyperoptic.com/support-results/?term=VPN

Looks like they are swapping between Ipv4 and Ipv6. I'd say the issue your getting is when it drops between the two systems. So you clearing cache helps as its causing your connection to recheck things, instead of using the cached info. With most sites it doesn't matter as they don't care about VPN's. Here it does because people can't behave..

I'd say once they fully roll out I[v6 you'll be fine. Though you could ask for a static address which might resolve it as well.

TacoBelle likes this.
  4. Nips

Nips Guest

@Lupine

Thank you so much for looking into it - I am so clueless. I’ll speak to the provider.

Thank you x 100

Lupine likes this.
  5. Lupine

Lupine Guest

I work in IT, so it's nice to be able to help out even in simple ways.

Nips likes this.
  6. Nips

Nips Guest

You clever clogs. I know who to message now with all my stupid questions :) you’re going to regret telling me that.

Lupine likes this.
  7. Lupine

Lupine Guest

LOl, my door is always open to silly questions like that :)

Nips likes this.
  8. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    203,622⛀
    Your phone's VPN settings have nothing to do with this.

If an ISP is using the same IP# pool for their VPN services, you're likely going to fall into IP# subnet(s) being targeted to deny access. Doesn't matter whether it's IPv4 or IPv6.

Your mobile access has been a mix of IPv4 and IPv6.

Your non-mobile access was with 5+ different services, with mostly IPv6 IP#'s.

None of this information will help you if you're using WiFi outside of home and don't know which ISP's those connections use.

If you're using WiFi ONLY at home via phone and PC to access FCN, your ISP is definitely using the same IP# pools for VPN and residential—both IPv4 and IPv6. There's nothing that FCN can do for you. Websites simply protect themselves from known sources of spam/scams/other nefarious activity.

TacoBelle and Nips like this.
  9. Nips

Nips Guest

Thanks Stan