Blue Wave Receding?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MWM4Fun, Feb 18, 2018.

1. MWM4Fun

MWM4Fun Member

Money:
    1,289⛀
    Polls seem to indicate that the generic ballot lead for D's is now 6-7%, close to its low since inauguration day. That's not enough to overcome gerrymandered districts and retake the House.

It is quite possible that this El Comandante could go totally unchecked through 2020. Amazing really.

2. Naughty_bbw_librarian

Naughty_bbw_librarian Well-Known Member

I don't think we have to worry too much. At the very least, one day he'll wake up and decide he's tired of being El Comandante and quit.

MWM4Fun likes this.
  3. MWM4Fun

MWM4Fun Member

Money:
    1,289⛀
    Really pulling for you being right. This authoritarianism isn't my style.

4. Naughty_bbw_librarian

Nor is it mine.

I highly doubt he'll be reelected for a second term, but then again, I didn't think he'd be elected for a first.
    Or make it through his first year.

It's like a bad dream that never ends.

5. MWM4Fun

MWM4Fun Member

Money:
    1,289⛀
    All he needs to do is hold 1/3 - Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and win where he won before. Guess we'll see how high the level of overall disgust is this November.

6. Naughty_bbw_librarian

But that's the problem -- can we rely on overall level of disgust?

I didn't think things could get worse than they were during the election. But he's managed to raise the bar continually over the last 13 months.

November will definitely be interesting...

7. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,041⛀
    It seems to defy logic , but the people who voted for him then still support him and think he's doing a good job. At least that's what they say anyway. But that doesn't mean they will come out in the numbers they did before. And as we learned last November the polls sometimes mean nothing. Personally I think there is a chance he will be reelected. Maybe even a good chance. But I don't think it's likely. But I also didn't think he had a snowballs chance in hell of winning. I guess we will all have to wait and watch and hope for the best. But on the bright side ( and I know there really isn't one) he seems to be getting more paranoid and off the rails if that's possible. His incompetence and craziness may keep what damage he does in check. I mean he attacks the very people he put in positions and his own party. Not a formula for success.

8. MWM4Fun

MWM4Fun Member

Money:
    1,289⛀
    I happen to agree on the passion aspect of turnout. There is no Hillary to come out and protest this time around. That along with the fact that the guy has been an absolute cluster fuck could keep a lot of his voters at home. One other reason to be optimistic is the age of his voters in 2016. Nature has or will take care of a number of them.