Cars

Discussion in 'Drama' started by AmberDoll, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Had a mini with no floor total rot box bit bought it for the engine box and any other salvageable bits. Gave away a old rover v8 which was returning to the earth earlier this year clearing out yard. Having a workshop built with a 2 post lift fitted at the moment going to get brother inlaws dax cobra refurbishment finished eventually.

2. oldmann50

oldmann50 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,417โ›€
    i'm going the other way with my stuff.just sold all my mk2 transit panel and one is going soon just have an ambulance to shift but she is rotten.would love to be able to buy loads of old 80's cars.

3. Kris1973

Wanted a mk2 lotus cortina but it went for over 70k in auction, put a commision bid on a 1972 v12 etype and would have won it had i not reversed it due to misleading listing, only missing 20 odd years of history.

4. Imagine

Imagine Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I'm a big fan of the E-type but, mechanical issues notwithstanding, prefer Series 1 because of the headlight covers. Love that look.

Kris1973 likes this.
  5. Kris1973

You dont buy a classic especially the etype for its reliability mk1 i do like its just finding a good one

Imagine likes this.
  6. oldmann50

oldmann50 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,417โ›€
    are there any reliable classics :).ours runs fine for a bit and then plays up and then runs fine again.no wonder we refer to the as "she" lol

Kris1973 and Imagine like this.
  7. Kris1973

True, need to give the rac your itinerary for the day out so they can follow you

oldmann50 likes this.
  8. Steg

Steg Guest

I heard the Austin Allegro is a good car.

9. Funthum19

Funthum19 Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    2,029โ›€
    An Austin Allegro, in beige, with a square steering wheel and brown vinyl upholstery.
    Classic horror. Lol

Give me a good old Jaguar 1963 S type, preferably in white with red leather.
    A proper bank robbers getaway car.

Or a Mk 2.

An XKE would look good too, in British Racing Green of course, no other colour would do.

Kris1973 likes this.
  10. Kris1973

Allegro also known as the austen aggro
    God aweful Suspension system