(CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Amateur Help (not FCN support)' started by NicoleMoone, May 18, 2019.

1. NicoleMoone

NicoleMoone Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,409⛀
    Hey. Maybe some of you seen me around. This is my first forum thread. But I suffer from depression. Pretty bad. And I'm just looking for a little support. Wanting to know if theres someone on here who has depression or once suffered from depression. Maybe give a little support or success story. It's just really hard for me right now. Thank you.

Dogowar likes this.
  2. nessabbyxo

nessabbyxo Guest

Hello Nicole... I've seen you around and I'm sorry to hear that you suffer with depression. I don't have depression myself but I do know people who do and I know that it really sucks. I suffer with anxiety and numerous chronic illnesses so I can have my down days so it truly is hard but I try to find the good in the bad. So just know that although it may be stormy it can't rain forever so the sun has to come out and shine. I will be thinking of you and sending you all the positive vibes your way. You're not alone at all.

5bfd51c07c7b4752dc09debd41be6489.jpg c5f41bec371e8efa17b2851afbaae23a.jpg
    94516cebd350f37eb4225dfa673b0ad7.jpg

3. Flopsy

Flopsy Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Have not seen you around but that's no matter, I'm always up for meeting new people :)

I would guess that a number of people here suffer from some sort of depression. It's a common human trait unfortunately. Serious depression is another matter however and much harder to approach for most people. Even someone else who suffers from bad depression is not really going to relate well to you as everyone is different and goes through life in their own ways. This isn't a bad thing, just means that you'll get different perspectives on situations and challenges. Some things will help, some will make it worse.

I like to tell people that whatever your challenges and struggles are in life, they are no less important or difficult than any one else's. We all face our worlds in our own way and what might seem easy to me might be the most difficult thing in the world to you.

However you make it through today, your tomorrow self will thank you. And no matter how bad it gets, you don't know what will happen tomorrow.

As Nessa just said though, you're not alone.

Always happy to chat though if you need hun :)

4. Blake34

Blake34 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Depression and I are old friends, and you are by no means alone. It takes courage to reach out as you have done. You will find much love and support here from some very lovely people.

5. Alex_1199

Alex_1199 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    8,788⛀
    Well I wouldn't say I suffered THE depression but someone close to me did and still does, but she manages.
    Not much of a motivational speaker, but I've seen people go through pretty bad stuff, losing loved ones, their self-esteem, their health and so on.
    But you're not alone in the world, fortunately. The fact that this post exists and people have commented on it is more than proof of that. Always seek help if ya feel like you need it, no problem is small enough to be ignored.
    :)
    Do your best

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  6. Charlie1199

Charlie1199 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Somebody told me once depression is being lonely in a room full of people, being constantly tired but never able to sleep, longing to be with others yet not being able to cope with company it's smiling to hide the pain inside but forgetting who you used to be.

Just remember you’re not alone, many people are in the same position and many people are here willing to help if needed, never be afraid to ask for help it’s one of the most courageous things to do. Don't wait for the storms of your life to pass, learn to dance in the rain...You got this and good luck...

Tall-UK-Guy, NicoleMoone and Dogowar like this.
  7. Dogowar

Dogowar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Your not alone. Remember this at your darkest moments. There are many on here who have had or are currently going through similar things.

Medication is a help but so is talking with others and sharing your experiences. There are support groups and plenty of people here who will be willing to help and support you.

Stay strong, you can get through it.

8. Tall-UK-Guy

Tall-UK-Guy Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,323⛀
    The first part is so true.

I've been suffering for about 15 years. The good thing of coming on here, I can talk to people without having to leave the safety of home. If I didn't have to go to work, I can see me not leaving the house.

Thalassa and Dogowar like this.
  9. Crumpetpumper

Crumpetpumper New Member

Money:
    12⛀
    Depression is much more common than people think, it does not last forever though, there's light at the end of the tunnel

Bennettrose and Thalassa like this.
  10. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

Here's a reply I posted a while ago. See if there's anything for you to take away from there.
    https://www.freechatnow.com/forum/threads/depression.18664/#post-570185

Depression is not a trifling matter. Those who merely suffer lows within a workable range, such that their life does not come to a standstill, find it dofficult to understand what and how it all is experienced.

My advice would be to put yourself first. Your mental health comes before anything else, before anyone else. Once you have that sorted, everything else falls into place. I understand that it is awfully hard at the moment. As the previous poster said - there is light at the end of the tunnel. You must believe that. You must keep hope. And most importantly, take the steps that nurture you and help you - be it therapy or meds, or a combination of both.

Bennettrose and Hubby_Home_Alone like this.
  11. Crumpetpumper

Crumpetpumper New Member

Money:
    12⛀
    Depression is a very sneaky condition, it comes at you in so many ways, it can be difficult to recognise. I've just started to recover after 4 years of misery. Serious health issues and the loss of my job. I thought it was over for me but I managed to get positive again