Does god exist? and if yes then why they cant be seen in present time?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by goku1234, Nov 14, 2017.

1. MAYBE GOD CALLS HIMSELF X OR TO
    EXTRA TERRESTRIAL FANATICS ( EB) MAYBE GODS TWO FEET TALL WHITISH FACE TINY POINTED EARS CROOKED NOSE WEARS BEIGE TRENCHCOAT AND HAS A HALF HUMAN AND HALF EXTRA TERRESTRIAL FACE .DID JESUS arrive IN Bethlehem on a donkey ,drive up in a Porsche or land in a gold cubed shaped alien vehicle lol who would believe that .as were all created in the image of the lord ,god must have a pair tits and a pussy aswell ,well he's got an arse and a prick as man is his image so he must have a cunt as well thou he is one

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. Human nature ,not that I say much on this God stuff but according to the bible ,Jesus was sent when man had already become corrupted ,so its the evil in human nature ,selfishness ,greed,power

3. Ghosts and spirits ,mental illness? Just cause a person doesn't believe in something,that doesn't mean its not happening,besides you do know the holy spirit is the lord Christ, so let's get you're Assumption correct assuming your a believer in Christ, OK Jesus is allowed to be a holy spirit but no other spirits are allowed to be good
    or evil just mental illness ,well your going to look pretty awesome on the gospel show

4. Tabetha

Tabetha Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,582⛀
    God and supernatural stuff does exist; and who said they aren't present or seen? Because you haven't had a personal experience with something, does that mean it doesn't exsist? Nah. people who are bitter or dismisses the idea of God just never had the encounter or wanted to.

plenty of people around the world can testify about the real God. and plenty want to rationalize another person's experience. they don't want to be accountable for their actions. its easier to pretend God doesn't exist than to examine oneself and line up.

XxxGABRIELLAxxX and Jane29 like this.
  5. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Do you believe in Unicorns or Dragons? How about the earth being flat?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    CosmicGypsy92 likes this.
  6. JackNoff

JackNoff Member

Money:
    2,109⛀
    I don't know who or what "God" is, but I have lived through no less than 3 events, which should have killed me (1 that actually did for almost 2 minutes) and the extremely improbable series of actions that took place to allow me to be here writing this tonight, leaves me to conclude that there is "something" at work out there. People have said "God has something left for you to do"... okay, no I don't believe that a force great enough to create all of this, needs me to doing anything! But for some reason that "being or force or power"... whatever you want to call God, has seen fit to take time out of his schedule to save my stupid ass. So i'll just stick with I can't define God, but I believe some power greater than anything else I know, seems to put its influence into human lives in the most unbelievable ways.

Heidiwil likes this.
  7. HandsomeDevil

HandsomeDevil Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,675⛀
    If there was a God, then how did us Humans come up with so many variations of him/her. The Greeks had their Gods on Mount Olympus, Hindus believe in 1000s of Gods as well as the Aztecs had their own versions of Gods.
    It is blatantly obvious (for me) that God is in fact man made, thats how people made sense of the environment around them...what made the Sun go up and down on a daily basis etc
    Also if one of the top current/past religions was true...how come their texts tells nothing of outside of this planet? Considering God made the vast universe, why not give us any spoilers on that front?

8. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

You're using objective reasoning to defend a subjective truth, OP.

Math (or science) is objective truth that comes from observing the outside world. Faith in God is a subjective truth that can only come from within, with a lot of introspection.

It's a lot closer to that feeling you get when you contemplate your mortality or the love you feel for family. Even appreciating jazz music is subjective.

You can't learn faith in God on a piece of paper or through listening to a lecture. You don't come to this conclusion without a heavy amount of doubt. You come to this conclusion with multiple sleepless nights - existential angst in your gut - reflecting on your Being.

Christians (or anyone else) who claim they know God is real for a fact - or that they can objectively prove God exists - are zealots. They are mass men. What they are saying is tantamount to having no faith, because they "know it for a fact".

9. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

You're not the first to recognize this. Carl Jung pointed this out in his archetypes, and I think his "collective unconscious" explains this. In a Jungian psychological way, all of these stories matter.

They're significant and full of ancient wisdom that we can't just throw away and replace it with a Richard Dawkins book, Rick and Morty and a lifetime of chasing meaningless desires.

Erich Neumann expanded on this. Joseph Campbell wrote about the monomyth and the hero's journey. The Hero with a Thousand Faces. I fail to understand "mythology is consistently self-referential therefore God is a joke".

Maybe you should try reading the Bible not as a fanatic or a bitter atheist googling "worst bible verses about violence and stuff", but as a genuine person that is interested in personal growth and is capable of understanding psychological truths. Much like the ancients did!

HandsomeDevil and Jane29 like this.
  10. HandsomeDevil

Money:
    5,675⛀
    I could do that, but on paper, every religion is "Kind, Accepting, teaches good values" etc etc plus I did study a bit of it at school since I grew up in a predominantly Christian country. And the fact most atrocities done by man have been for "God" and their religion (which ever it may be)...just screams "stay away" lol...sorry.

11. Tabetha

Money:
    5,582⛀
    yep; yep; nope

12. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    Well there's more evidence to suggest the earth is flat than unicorns, dragons or god.

13. Tabetha

Money:
    5,582⛀
    What kind of evidence are you looking for?

14. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    I'm not looking for evidence. I don't believe in any of it, it was more of a statement. Flat earthers generally try and come up with legitimate scientific theories though rather than stories from a 2000 year old book.

15. Tabetha

Money:
    5,582⛀

Yeah, not that person. But people miss things if they aren't paying attention. So, I understand. One day it'll hit you between the eyes.

16. Male_uk

Money:
    11,128⛀
    I very much doubt I shall be ever having a religious experience without a strong hit of Dutch strength MDMA.

EzMthan1144 likes this.
  17. Tabetha

Money:
    5,582⛀
    * shrugs* Its not a religious experience. it's just an experience. whatever systematic way you chose to express your belief, is your religion.

18. HandsomeDevil

Money:
    5,675⛀
    I really hope thats sarcasm...

Tabetha likes this.
  19. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    Yes, God exists. God is omnipresent; He is everywhere.

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good."

"He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."

You can't see him with your eyes. Not even Moses was allowed to see Him in all His glory. If we could see him in our physical human state, we would die immediately.

The bible will help open your eyes to see who He really is.

20. Darrin69

Darrin69 Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    2,614⛀
    If god existed...... Auto wouldn't.