First Year College Student

Discussion in 'Education' started by chelseabug, Mar 16, 2017.

1. chelseabug

chelseabug Guest

In the fall I will be attending college for the first time! It's the same school my mom and grandmother went to; but I'm still a little worried. Any tips?!

2. Romeo123

Romeo123 New Member

Money:
    8⛀
    Don't worry baby everything will be all right

3. chelseabug

chelseabug Guest

thanks everyone :)

4. Dolly

Dolly Active Member FCN Regular

I remember being super nervous when I first went to college, everything is new and while that's exciting it's also quite nerve racking. As for tips, if you're really nervous, try to remember how to breathe. I had to focus a lot on my breathing to keep from panicking all the time. Try to be open and meet new people so you can build friendships. Meeting people and making friends is quite important I think, it might offer you the distractions you need and you won't be alone. Make sure you make time for your hobbies. Oh, and prepare as much as you can beforehand. Schedules, text books, stuff you need, make sure you have your shit together as much as possible.

5. chelseabug

chelseabug Guest

thank you so much dolly! i am a pretty open person and can talk to anyone. I'm not one to shy away from meeting someone. But i do tend to get a little anxious and have panic attacks too if i become too overwhelmed. So i will definitely be practicing my breathing and get myself on a set schedule and routine to hopefully prevent most of that! :)

SharanyaXX, jajuji and suvike like this.
  6. Dolly

Dolly Active Member FCN Regular

Good luck and most importantly, have fun! College is a great experience and I recommend you try to get the most out of it. The amount of homework and deadlines can be really overwhelming as well, but know that you'll be fine. I myself am really shy and closed off, I find it really hard to talk to people. That has been my biggest struggle for sure so far.

SharanyaXX and chelseabug like this.
  7. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    My suggestions are ramen, coffee. Hot plate, buy a new computer. Don't chat during mid terms and finals.

8. chelseabug

chelseabug Guest

Well thank you!

Bigglexx likes this.
  9. chelseabug

chelseabug Guest

Hello

10. HornyJohnny

HornyJohnny New Member

Money:
    276⛀
    Study,study,study, and try to make a decent daily schedule so that you can get the proper amount of rest.

chelseabug likes this.
  11. chelseabug

chelseabug Guest

thank you Johnny!!

JonnyRock likes this.
  12. HornyJohnny

HornyJohnny New Member

Money:
    276⛀
    Good luck girl. ;)

13. suvike

suvike New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    my suggestion is u be calm nd just go with the flow

14. sexy12355

sexy12355 New Member

Money:
    272⛀
    Don't worry. First day of college may be both bad or good it depends on ur way of facing it. Try to make more and more friends those who you think will be helpfull to u.rest be yourselves.dont try to change ur personality

15. chelseabug

chelseabug Guest

thank you! i appreciate it :)

krishnakpatel likes this.
  16. HornyDad9966

HornyDad9966 Guest

Just be yourself and focus on why you are there and I am sure you will have no problem making friends

17. EnglishmaninKhonKaen

EnglishmaninKhonKaen Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    4,085⛀

18. CuriousAsian

CuriousAsian New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    Like others said enjoy the experience. I'm currently a senior and feel like yesterday I graduated high school. Defintely recommend investing in a good laptop from the beginning and buying books online instead of school bookstore (ripoff) lol. And make good friends. The company you have around will really dictate the kind of person you become and grades you get etc etc

19. chelseabug

chelseabug Guest

Thank you very much! Yes my parents have been saying to buy my books off Amazon

20. Mark540

Mark540 New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,442⛀
    Meet as many people as you can. Some of the relationships you forge in college will last your entire life. Try new foods, learn about new cultures (especially since there will be a lot of international students attending).

chelseabug likes this.