Information FreeChatNow Forum FAQ

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow Help & Support' started by vitriolicv, Apr 12, 2017.

1. vitriolicv

vitriolicv Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    119,888⛀
    If you have questions about the forums themselves, ask them here. Chat has its own FAQ here: https://www.freechatnow.com/forum/threads/new-chat-faq-read-this-before-you-ask.321/ -- so reserve all questions about chat for that FAQ.

Once questions in this thread are resolved, posts will be deleted to save on clutter and keep things less confusing.

Q. HELP I DONT WANT PEOPLE FOLLOWING ME
    1) Being "followed" only lets the following user see what you post publicly and when you are online.
    2) There is nothing creepy about this. They only have access to your public usage of the forums. They can see all the same things that any user who is not following you can see.
    3) If you are logged into the forums, this already shows at the forum home page, whether you are followed or not, in a list of logged in users. Anyone, following you or not, can click your username in that list and see what you have posted in the forums.
    4) This is a PUBLIC forum! Everyone can read what you post, unless it is in a PRIVATE conversation! If you post it on the boards themselves, it is public. Conduct yourselves accordingly!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Ramaz5, kennie3d and Kalaiarasan8 like this.
  2. Nineinchshowp

Nineinchshowp New Member

Money:
    2,430⛀
    Everytime I try to log into chat it logs me in as bouncychick. What is going on?

3. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    Oriando likes this.
  4. Diesel123

Diesel123 New Member

Money:
    11⛀
    how can you have pvt chat

Oriando likes this.
  5. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,631⛀
  6. ferrous

ferrous New Member

Money:
    30,100⛀
    why do you have to log into your profile now ? Why don't you get logged into you account when you log into chat ?
    Also - how do you find out if people you are following are in chat ?

brownman77 likes this.
  7. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,631⛀
    You have it backwards. Forum is where log-in originates, since that's where you register (think of it as the "mother ship" for registrations and all of your stored data). Log in at forum (select _keep me logged in_ ), navigate to chat, click on LOG IN and it'll automatically log you into chat with your registered user name.

As long as they're in chat, the people you are following will be in your friends list while you're in chat (click several times the button you use to see/hide the user list).

Malady likes this.
  8. jamesbart23

jamesbart23 New Member

i want to delete my account here on site how to do it ?

Lovercdgddf14 and Kissable like this.
  9. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,631⛀
    No such option at this time. Delete your posts if you can, remove photo, maximize privacy, turn off notifications and abandon the account.

10. ferrous

ferrous New Member

Money:
    30,100⛀
    Got it. Thanks

11. VampireBride92

VampireBride92 New Member

Money:
    17⛀
  12. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    The person sending the message is probably also locking it against further replies.

13. AmberDoll

AmberDoll Guest

How do we change our titles im well known member I so want total tease as a title and any chance the ladies can have pink not blue on their names as it would be nicer
    Thank you xx

14. Kelsey12

Kelsey12 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is a question or a suggestion... maybe both.

We have the option to block people, so we can't see what they write (unless we choose to). We also have the option to restrict the ability to view and/or write stuff on our walls, messages, etc. And that restriction comes in the form of allowing members, or only people you follow. But someone who's been ignored can still write stuff on your wall for everyone else to see, even if you can't, and the alternative is to switch your privacy settings to only allow people you follow access to your profile page. So then you would need to follow everyone you're willing to allow access to your profile page, which you can really only know the one's you've already met.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how hard it would be for Sola (or whoever) to write code so that we have the option to completely block someone instead of simply not being able to see what they write. But that's my question/suggestion... is adding an option to completely block someone a viable addition to the site?

Much respect,
    Kelsey

15. Jodagr

Jodagr Active Member FCN Regular

It would be great if the creator of a new thread could delete any comments in that thread and/or restrict certain people you ignore from even posting on it. The ignore list is starting to get big and couldn't care less from hearing from them in any way.

Autonomous likes this.
  16. Lupine

Lupine Guest

For that, you're looking at making someone a moderator of their own threads. It's doable but it's never easy to do sadly. The Ignore function could be better to keep stalkers at bay.. And before I get lambasted again I'm on about girls here. they deal with far more shit than they need to by idiots on here.

Eagleeye and Jodagr like this.
  17. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    Oh the shit we deal with. lmao.

18. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Well if the site ever needs more I'd be willing to throw my hat in the ring..

I work in IT, have a good knowledge of various board systems like phpbb etc.

AmberDoll likes this.
  19. hardrocker

hardrocker Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    2,767⛀
    Hi m an old member here
    I just wanted to suggest u guys to make and app for this site so its also available on the go and yeahhh please do something to keep messeges of memeber saved not the guests but give this facility to members

20. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    Nope. People need to understand this: Blocking is not "incomplete." It is simply NOT the case that "people are blocked but not like TOTALLY blocked they're only KINDA blocked" -- bullshit, no, no, NO NO NO. People who are blocked *are* "totes reallyreally blocked". Blocking works exactly like we want it to. It is not incomplete.

Primarily, you must understand that this is a forum. Your profile page/wall/whatever you want to call it is a page on a forum. A forum is a... well, look it up, the history of the very idea of a "forum" implies that it's public and anyone can come and speak their mind. In ancient history, it was much more restricted to the aristocracy, of course. We give you, though, the ability to decide whether your profile page is public or "invite-only." That's as far as it'll go.

No. Not ever. It's a forum. You don't become King of Shit Hill just because it's "your post." If you want private messages, send them. If you make a post, it's public, and you need to recognize that, even if just for your own safety and security.

"an app for this site" -- we have that. It's called "this site." It's a website. It's accessed using standards and protocols established by the World Wide Web Consortium since 1993 so that it can operate on any web-capable device running a standards-compliant web browser. Pretty ingenious, really -- the web exists, so we used it.

Malady, Spangle, Kelsey12 and 2 others like this.