fuck religion

Discussion in 'Drama' started by FrankRizzo, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Silver_Belle

Silver_Belle New Member

Money:
    102⛀
    I've formulated the opinion that Aliens can never be confirmed to be true because it would destroy the concept of religion. Religion is control.

Aliens are anarchy?

Staying on topic..
    Fuck religion. Fuck being a sheep. But don't fuck sheep..

2. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Not religious but oh yes been known to praise him haha

Hedonist and PervGirl_AP_taboo like this.
  3. Morgana

Morgana Guest

An accurate an insightful answer.

4. Slopps

Slopps Guest

Personally i agree 100% with your opinion. However i also know someone who definitively is better person than I am or ever will be. And without faith, she would be lost.
    I guess having faith in something doesn't necesserely mean believing in a religion, though its usually a small step...

5. Slopps

Slopps Guest

Guns can be responsible for deaths but also maintain peace. It depends on what people make about them.
    I still think the world would be better without them.....
    Thats roughly my personal opinion on religion too but that doesnt apply too everybody (as mentionned above).

PervGirl_AP_taboo likes this.
  6. JackNoff

JackNoff Member

Money:
    2,109⛀
    Forgive me AmberDoll, which form of Agnostic are you? Some use the word to mean "I don't DIS believe anything", others "I believe in a higher power, but I do not attempt to define it", or are you actually a Gnostic? Before you get offended, I ask because I am truly interested in Gnosticism.

7. AmberDoll

AmberDoll Guest

i just wont rule out there may be something out there but as its not been proven who knows, i wont just accept what people say by having faith.
    if religion was true why are there so many murders in its name.
    there may be a god who knows i dont there may be aliens who knows i dont etc
    all i know is i've a wiggly bum and men seem to like that

PervGirl_AP_taboo likes this.
  8. HandsomeDevil

HandsomeDevil Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,675⛀
    Come on people, religion was a man made tool in order to keep the masses in check back in the day it just hung around....like a bad stench.
    Theres been no sightings/acts of God since the Biblical times...oh no sorry, when Muhammed was suddenly found out he was the messenger of God in some Cave. Riiight....

Aliens most likely exist just because of how vast space is. If each galaxy has 100,000 stars and there are billions of galaxies out there, we cant be the only ones. Silly to assume we are.
    Talking about space, how come none of the religious texts talk about such things? Mentioning of others planets etc? Because Humans didnt know about it back then, so it couldnt have been incorporated into it.

9. TallulahBlue

TallulahBlue Well-Known Member

Money:
    23,015⛀
    So you claim there is no god because there have been no sightings, and then in your next paragraph claim that aliens "most likely" exist. Even though there have been no sightings.

I am making no claims either way. I just find it interesting that you contradict your first paragraph with your second.

10. HandsomeDevil

HandsomeDevil Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,675⛀
    Well considering there has been pictures of extinct micro biology on mars and theres an atmosphere on Titan which could maybe harbor life, this is just within our Solar system, then yes there is "most likely" life out there in the visible universe. We find organisms (Extremophiles) living in extreme conditions where u wouldnt normally look to find life.
    So we know micro organisms can be extremely tough and thrive regardless how bleak the environment seems to be.

Is there any ounce of proof God did anything besides in text books written by man?

11. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,473⛀
    There's no contradiction and there's no logic behind your misrepresentation of his remark.

12. TallulahBlue

Money:
    23,015⛀
    I've read his remark a second and third time, and if you think I misrepresented it, then you need to read mine again. I'm sure you aren't used to people telling you that you're wrong, but I don't care. You're wrong here.

13. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,473⛀
    Lack of understanding in those arguments is causing you to commit logical fallacies.

14. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,473⛀
    His statement was based entirely on scientifically undeniable empirical evidence, while your claim is based on contradictory writings based on fantasy.

15. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,473⛀
  16. TallulahBlue

Money:
    23,015⛀
    Considering that the person to whom I directed my comment and I have since spoken privately (and quite civilly, I might add), I would say I understood his comment perfectly well. The only logical fallacy currently at play is that you don't know what you're talking about and are still choosing to interject. But it is a forum for all opinions, and you are clearly the big wig in this conversation and on this board, so you have every right to say whatever you choose. But it doesn't make you correct in your assertions. YOU misinterpreted comments made in this thread, not I.

Speaking of logical fallacies, you had one yesterday too. In the thread with the hidden pictures, most people were pointing out they could find them immediately. I was brutally honest and said there were several I could not. You responded to that by making a snotty comment about how they stand out like a sore thumb. You didn't specify that they stood out to you, or even most others. Your insinuation (this is how you wrote it) was that EVERYBODY should see it. Why? Because you did? To assume that is to ignore the entire point of the exercise. But keep lecturing me on logical fallacies if it makes you feel better.

I don't care if you are a moderator or manager or owner of this site or how much you are used to getting your ass kissed. I don't do that. You were wrong in that thread, and you are wrong in this one. I have no problem pointing that out.

17. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,473⛀
    Argumentum ad Hominem

I thought we're working with facts and possibilities, not opinions.

lolwat

So prove me wrong.

Why are you changing the subject? Do you know the name for this fallacy? ;)

I didn't even read any comments, nor was I aware of your existence until this thread. Why did you take it so personally? What made you think that was directed at you?

lolwat

What. The. Hell. Are. You. Talking. About?

Wrong about what in which thread? Wtf?

Evidence, pl0x.

18. TallulahBlue

Money:
    23,015⛀
    I got a "D" in debate, so you win!

19. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,473⛀
    You have an entire lifetime to hone any type of skill. Bettering yourself doesn't end with academic graduation.