Thoughts Have you ever fallen out of love?

Discussion in 'Drama' started by FallenFreya, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Vey

Vey Guest

For me, being single is a choice, not a lack of options. I’m not an introvert, I just have my own standards for what I want in my life and how I want to be treated. I think all single people are not really single, they have untold stories behind. It's not about being single or in a relationship, it's about feeling good about myself, loving and being loved in the same time. I respect everyone’s life, I can’t have an opinion about your relationship or how you feel about your single friends. I’m just saying the most important relationship I have in my life is the one I have with myself being single. I look at my friends lives being in a relationship and mine still looks so much better :)

2. Vey

Vey Guest

Too much agreement kills a chat. But thanks :)

JacksonR2468 likes this.
  3. FallenFreya

FallenFreya Guest

Sorry for being quiet in my own thread everybody. I really do appreciate the honesty and advice you have all shown.
    It really had given me a lot to think about.

Fullhouse, Kris1973 and witchygirl like this.
  4. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,603⛀
    Hope you are ok xx

5. FallenFreya

FallenFreya Guest

Depends on what level you are asking. Life isn't black and white, it has many, many layers of grey.
    I still have a better relationship than many can ever dream of. I have a roof over my head, food on my table, and I'm safe. I'm just not feeling wanted or sexually desired. But is that really important?

Jinxy likes this.
  6. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,603⛀
    Yes it is. we all have needs. Dont underestimate the power of being desired xx or of a hug xx

Jinxy and FallenFreya like this.
  7. Vey

Vey Guest

Nothing wrong with that if you’re both happy. If not... life can seem extremely lonely for some people, even within a relationship. I think you have to constantly show your partner that at least one person will be witness to him and his journey through life. Hint: that person is you. In my opinion, being in a relationship it's awesome to be wanted and sexually desired, not only as "needs", but among the other things :)

witchygirl likes this.
  8. Spangle

Spangle Well-Known Member

Money:
    4,738⛀
    I think the physical side is very important, it caused me to walk away from a partner I thought I'd be with forever. It's not just about sex, it's about intimacy, hugging, kissing, feeling cherished, closeness. I think with those things in a relationship it could survive the test of time. Without them you can feel lonely... if so, then why not just be single?

I am single now and I'm afraid if someone doesn't want to put the effort in with me, they can take a hike. I'd rather be alone. It can take a long time to realise your own self worth...

Jinxy and FallenFreya like this.
  9. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,681⛀
    "Love" is just an elevated production of certain chemicals by your brain, associated with experience of certain events/activities/etc.

You "fall out of love" when things become boring. Diversify activities with your partner.

Also, not everyone has a mental capacity to remain in a life-long intimate association with another individual. We're just bags of flesh and bone with varying degrees of psychological development.

10. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Fortunately we had no kids. I was getting over an event in Iraq and felt i had no body to help. I gave every thing to her but received very little back. Wasnt till my brothers transplant i hated her for what she said.

witchygirl likes this.
  11. KcGrayson

KcGrayson Active Member FCN Regular

I would say I haven’t ever fallen out of love, More like I realized I didn’t really love the person in the first place.

FallenFreya likes this.
  12. BlueEyedLady

BlueEyedLady Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    9,390⛀
    Yes I have fallen out of love. I ask myself how it happened...is it my fault.

13. Steg

Steg Guest

I fell out of a tree once.

witchygirl likes this.
  14. Tattooedmedic

Tattooedmedic Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    17,372⛀

Been here..quite the story but if you ever want to message me, I can share
    It's not an easy place to be

15. Fildo66

Fildo66 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    78,973⛀
    That is funny you should explain it like that because that is exactly what it felt like. Like we were just roommates hanging on for the sake of our kids. Hell we had a discussion one night and she flat out said “I don’t think we were ever really in love”. Hmmmmm ... got me to thinking. Shit maybe we never really were. Somewhere along the line our feelings changed and it was gradual. I compare my feelings I have for @Heidiwil and try to recollect if I ever had those feelings with her and not so sure I ever did.

Heidiwil likes this.
  16. Tattooedmedic

Tattooedmedic Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    17,372⛀
    Same thing here!

Fildo66 likes this.
  17. erock699

erock699 Active Member

Money:
    589⛀
    Yes I have it's takes time and seems like you and your significant other grow apart and become less intimate or affectionate then you start to realize it's over

Tattooedmedic likes this.
  18. Heidiwil

Heidiwil Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    34,296⛀
    It truly is sad when we question love, especially after years of saying it to someone. I cant think of a better compliment than hearing how our relationship sets a new bar (for both of us). Such a special situation this LoVe thing has us in ;)

witchygirl, Fildo66 and Shadowfire like this.
  19. Curvy

Curvy Guest

Hahaha!