I see some people freaking out about "followers."

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by vitriolicv, Mar 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitriolicv

vitriolicv Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    119,888⛀
    Some users are freaking out about being "followed" on the forums. I'm going to clear a few things up here:

1) Being "followed" only lets the following user see what you post publicly and when you are online.
    2) There is nothing creepy about this. They only have access to your public usage of the forums. They can see all the same things that any user who is not following you can see.
    3) If you are logged into the forums, this already shows at the forum home page, whether you are followed or not, in a list of logged in users. Anyone, following you or not, can click your username in that list and see what you have posted in the forums.
    4) This is a PUBLIC forum! Everyone can read what you post, unless it is in a PRIVATE conversation! If you post it on the boards themselves, it is public. Conduct yourselves accordingly!

SO, in conclusion: If you don't like that someone is following you on the forums, don't complain to me about it. Go to their profile (click their username) and click the "ignore" link toward the top right of their profile. After a time, I will start issuing warnings, which will stack up to become bans, for people who continually waste my time reporting people for following them. Stop reporting this!

2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    203,563⛀
    While the website is public, there are some aspects of privacy you can control. These options are accessible by clicking on your username in the upper right and selecting Privacy:

View attachment 86301

ThatOtherRaven and CherryohBabyy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.