Rights and Freedoms Is America Still The Best Hope For Freedom Around The World ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lamar56, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Vey

Vey Guest

Take care of your heart ;)

LastOne likes this.
  2. LastOne

LastOne Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,564⛀
    Thank you Vey. For me, laughter heals.

Vey likes this.
  3. Lupine

Lupine Guest

I wouldn't say by force. But by very clever political means..

The native population succumbed to disease brought by the Europeans (particularly smallpox), declining from 300,000 in the 1770s over 60,000 in the 1850s to 24,000 in 1920.[3] Americans within the kingdom government rewrote the constitution, severely curtailing the power of King "David" Kalākaua, and disenfranchising the rights of most Native Hawaiians and Asian citizens to vote, through excessively high property and income requirements. This gave a sizeable advantage to plantation owners. Queen Liliuokalaniattempted to restore royal powers in 1893, but was placed under house arrest by businessmen with help from the US military. Against the Queen's wishes, the Republic of Hawaii was formed for a short time. This government agreed on behalf of Hawaii to join the US in 1898 as the Territory of Hawaii. In 1959, the islands became the state of Hawaiiof the United States.

From Wikipedia.

SexyAsianBitch likes this.
  4. Vey

Vey Guest

Not only for you, I'm human too, but good to know :)

witchygirl likes this.
  5. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Yet America asks us for 'Donations' alot..... which our government gives freely while our people suffer...

6. witchygirl

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Rich from a racist.....

Sh4mbills likes this.
  7. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Your argument of your facts is a bit off because you are relying on stats from a communist country as fact . And you call me gullible .

8. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    We also have immigrants that come here from all over the world for the sake of individual rights and freedoms and they still do legally . They seem to know what America represents and they know what the American dream means . And for those who think we are racist and arrogant ; if so then tell me how do people like Oprah Winfrey and Bill Cosby become among the richest of all Americans ?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  9. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Really not sure Bill Cosby is a wise person to use as an example of the American dream.

10. Sh4mbills

Sh4mbills Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Hahahaha. Says it all

Lupine and witchygirl like this.
  11. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,041⛀
    Dude is a walking talking combination of Breitbart , smellynews and Fox news talking points and stories yet has the nerve to criticize and make assumptions about other people's news viewing habits. If that isn't the epitome of hypocrisy and American arrogance what is ? And I usually try to mitigate those stereotypes , most of us aren't that way but as you all can see unfortunately many are. Or maybe he's really a leftover actor from a fifties anti communist propaganda movie !

Vey, Sh4mbills, Lupine and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sh4mbills

He left out Harvey Weinstein

Lupine and Dcdevon like this.
  13. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    i agree , but the fact is at one time he was one of the most liked , respected and richest black men
    in America

14. Lupine

Lupine Guest

See a thing I don't get Idris Elba to me is just a British guy. His colour doesn't even enter into my head..

Dcdevon and witchygirl like this.
  15. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    I was just responding to those who think i or Americans are just a bunch of arrogant racist people or persons .

16. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,041⛀
    Well that accent is definitely pure Brit! He does a hell of a good American one though . But I digress...

Lupine and witchygirl like this.
  17. witchygirl

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Totally off topic but of the 3 people that have brought up color lately 1 is a proven racist... we all know who bill Cosby is why mention color at all ???

18. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Oh so now i am a racist ; then why do i coach basketball with black men on the team ? huh

19. Sh4mbills

This shit gets worse. I am now officially embarrassed. Put down the shovel

Lupine likes this.
  20. witchygirl

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Lol no i didn't call you that i just asked why you mentioned color when even us Aussies know who he is ?