It just makes sense.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by D_go, Jul 31, 2018.

1. D_go

D_go Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    48,624⛀
    Science just explains it better and it makes more sense.

Hers is an example, not trying to offend.

The Bible says that Adam was the frist person on earth. God took one of his ribs and boom Eve, they had two boys.
    Yet here we all are.

Science says the Big Bang Theory happen and after billions of years and years and years of evolution we came to be.

Science just has more evidence than the Bible.

If you feel im wrong, etc. please do share, I would like to hear:

I don't want to hear God works in mysterious ways. I mean if you look at it the Bible is set and done.

Science has answered numerous questions and it still answering questions. Thanks to science we were able to ask questions we didn't even know to ask.

CosmicGypsy92 likes this.
  2. Serena_A

Serena_A Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I think that religious books, as any other literary work, must be taken not as absolutes but as interpretations of certain aspects of reality and life lessons at times.

Perhaps the story of Adam and Eve musn't be taken to heart, it is more of a metaphor.

I love me some science but theology is certainly worth taking a look at.

D_go and Peacecountry like this.
  3. Peacecountry

Peacecountry Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,155⛀
    I think we have to try and take everything and have some healthy perspective.
    We have to remember that the early books of the bible were written by someone who never saw any of it and only used anecdotal, handed down stories from religious elders to create the narrative. We also have to remember that even when we, as human beings witness something with our own two eyes, we are, more often than not, likely to recall what we have seen falsely. Just ask any criminal investigator how unreliable most eye-witness accounts can be.
    As for the scientific side of things, we have a lot of theories and some evidence to back those theories up but we still have a very long way to go. After all, this is all being theorized etc. by humans who only use a small portion of our brains and don't really know everything for sure. We may not know the complete story ever but obviously, the evolutionary side has much more merit and reasoning. Personally, I don't absolutely believe anything from anybody because we, as a species, are too flawed to have all the answers to everything. And most of us have too many biases to see things clearly.

Thalassa, CosmicGypsy92 and Serena_A like this.
  4. HAL9000

HAL9000 Member FCN Regular

What a brilliant science section we have. Let's science!

5. whybother123

whybother123 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,976⛀
    I wonder what caused the Big Bang

JackieTreehorn likes this.
  6. D_go

Money:
    48,624⛀
    Don't even bother trying to figure that out.

whybother123 likes this.
  7. whybother123

whybother123 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,976⛀
    Not that I’m saying that the first human was formed from dust, but science doesn’t have a better explanation for what existed before the Big Bang.

D_go likes this.
  8. D_go

Money:
    48,624⛀
    My mind's never closed, I'm always down to learn something new.

9. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,511⛀
    you should never read religious texts like they are science or history books

D_go likes this.
  10. D_go

Money:
    48,624⛀
    I'm not really big on religion right now, when I started this I was angry at religion, I'm working on it.

whybother123 likes this.