Jesus had two Dads and he turned out ok

Discussion in 'Religion' started by PheonixxxMonroe, May 18, 2018.

1. PheonixxxMonroe

PheonixxxMonroe #%!$&@??#*%, m8! FCN Regular

Money:
    145,828⛀
    Why do so many religious people hate on the gays?!?!

2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    203,622⛀
    There's no text supporting the gay community in ancient text.

RomanceMe and hardcoreJane88 like this.
  3. Heidiwil

Heidiwil Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    28,770⛀
    Tough thread. Um :eek:

Wettlipz and Dogowar like this.
  4. Lurking

Lurking Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,485⛀
    That's pretty much it, the bible and other religious texts said, don't do this and if you do, you're doing stuff against the word of God and they need to be punished.

Places that are more religious extremist and what not like the Middle East throw them off rooftops, I am unsure if that's a good number of nations in the Middle East that do that or if it was just when ISIS was in control of stuff.

It's like Old Testament is rarely used by many Western Christians. It more the New Testament that is preached from which doesn't have stuff like the flooding of the world to kill everyone. Because honestly in the Old Testament, God was quite the dick as he is the God of Wrath and Anger but was slow to become like that, while in the New Testament, he is the God of Love and Compassion for his children.

5. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,398⛀
    But, one of his dads had him tortured and killled just to rise again. One could almost argue that it didn't turn out okay...

6. Peacecountry

Peacecountry Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,155⛀
    If you really want to break down the whole "immaculate conception" and "son of God" thing into modern terms, couldn't you draw the conclusion that the almighty was just another sperm donor, deadbeat dad that knocked up a chick only to disappear and let another man raise him?

PheonixxxMonroe, Mun1289 and Dcdevon like this.
  7. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,622⛀
    I don't think that's the topic.

8. Peacecountry

Peacecountry Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,155⛀
    I know Stan but the two dads and gay reasoning doesn't apply in this example, imo, as both men were heterosexual, in theory. That was really my only point.
    As for why so many deeply religious people are so anti gay, it has more to do with a lack of understanding sexuality and their own intolerance of others. They just use the bible as an excuse for their own bigotry, imo. They conveniently ignore the teachings of Christ regarding tolerance and love when it suits their agenda. Then they revert back to early old testament text to justify it.

Serena_A and mostafox like this.
  9. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,622⛀
    All it has to do with is the lack of support for the gay community in ancient text. That and blatant disregard for education and healthy reasoning.

All animals are stupid by default. It's up to the elders to teach logic to the young. If elders are stupid, the result will be... you know how this works.

PheonixxxMonroe and Lupine like this.
  10. Lurking

Lurking Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,485⛀
    Well it was more than that, it was literally considered by most people in the 1900s that Homosexuality was a form of insanity.

When you grow up with that belief, it is easy to see why there is a distaste for it.

I think it was a criminal offence in Britain, and was deemed as insanity in the States, this didn't really change until the mid to late 1900s.

And I know some places are still openly against Gays being allowed, I hear things from Russia and odd groups in the States. But even in the 90s and what not it wasn't well liked with open discrimination against someone who was openly homosexual.

Religion just says that Gayness is giving into temptation. It's not wrong to have gay thoughts but giving into them is giving into temptation and therefore a sin.

As anyone can be tempted, Jesus was tempted by the Devil all the time, but he refused the Devil. If you give into temptation that is the sin.

xyzrp and Autonomous like this.
  11. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

A true Christian would be 1,000x more concerned with divorce than gay marriage. Separately, a true American would not want the Government to tell you what you can't do. In this case, that you can't marry someone of the same gender. It's un-American. It's stupid. 2 consenting adults should be allowed to be together, and they should not be discriminated against in the form of tax cuts, hospital visits, etc.

There are many laws in Genesis - Deuteronomy and homosexuality isn't the only one. If you are going to take the Laws seriously, you have to be sure of yourself, as to not dilute yourselves. Divorce is a way bigger issue. The Bible teaches you that when you marry, the 2 become 1 and you it is a sacred union. You are both responsible for not only yourselves, but the other, which in a way IS you. Why would you cheat on your husband? That's self-harm. Why would you beat your wife? That's self-destruction.

When no one is subordinate to a higher power, they will run around like animals in the mud. That's what happens repeatedly in the Old Testament. This has all happened before many times, except it hasn't. Mark Twain once wrote, "History doesn't repeat, but it often rhymes".

The concept of sin isn't just a set of arbitrary rules put on by a sky daddy. There are reasons why divorce and adultery are bad! And in the case of the bronze age dessert people, homosexuality just wasn't viable. You had to work, and more importantly you had to procreate. That's what a lot of those Old Testament stories are about. God and his covenant with man, and creating civilization. These Laws are the building blocks for most of the laws we have today. No Laws of Moses, no Christianity, no Europe, no America.

That being said, I don't think gay marriage should be illegal. There are plenty of Christians who don't believe that it should be, either. I'm no Catholic, but I'm pretty sure the Pope said God's cool with the gays. Stop pigeonholing Christians as the Wesboro Baptist church. Go to your local food pantry or soup kitchen and volunteer some time, get to know what they're about. They don't get many atheists, they'd love to have you!

EDIT: Also, when Khristians say, "marriage is between a man and a woman!". Tell them that's not true. No where in the Bible does it say one man is locked down to only one wife. A lot of prominent men in the Bible had multiple wives. God's cool with polygamy, and a lot of the world has been for centuries. Mostly reserved for strong and successful men.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  12. KingDavid

clears throat

*knock knock*
    who's there?
    it's Jesus, let me in..
    why?
    i have to save you
    from what?
    from what i'm gonna do if you don't let me in!

Lakeside and Vey like this.
  13. Vey

Vey Guest

* Hands David a Sacramint ( a holy minty blessing ) made in heaven, to clear his throat o_O

Even if it's a joke, it's still an issue for Christians regarding the acceptance to Heaven ...so I'm just curious...Did you let him in ? :oops:

14. KingDavid

Hm. What are you asking, exactly? Do I accept Jesus? Yes. I accept the divinity of the Holy Trinity.

Sacramint lol. Cute.

John 2:24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Matthew 7:21-23 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.

Clearly faith alone isn't enough. And there are many who come in His name, but are of the Antichrist spirit. Mainstream Christianity.

Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

There's not many true Christians, as it's a lot harder than going to church and saying grace. What's the issue? Not many will find the Kingdom of Heaven. Although you can only have eternal life through Christ, you will also be judged by your actions. Those "once saved, always saved" cults are diluted.

I apologize if I mistook your question. You mentioned it's an issue with Christians, and I assumed this is what you meant?

15. Vey

Vey Guest

I was talking about the acceptance to Heaven and the eternal life. I’ll try not to play semantic games with you and not to quote from the Bible of dirty jokes. First, very shortly, about your eternal life … I don’t believe in the eternal life through Christ, actually I don’t believe in the eternal life at all. According to quantum theory, somewhere over the rainbow I am a dragon, so I like more this idea ;) Kidding of course, but what's still interesting to me is that we're at a point where we can plausibly argue that a universe full of stuff came from a very simple beginning, the simplest of all beginnings: nothing. Science doesn't work in absolutes when discussing systems, because the universe is too complex for that. To be more specific, physics is showing us every day how plausible physical mechanisms might cause this to happen, in a more complex way, of course, but I don’t have the necessary time to talk about these things now. As a conclusion, I don’t think there is a deity somewhere there who loves everyone and who’s admitting us to an eternity or Heaven conditioned by beliefs. Personally I think that my present life is all I get and I enjoy it as long as I can, always with a touch of madness, trying to resist my Zeitgeist. ;):cool:

Regarding the thread’s main subject, you should know that the vast majority of non-practicing Christians, like the vast majority of the unaffiliated in Western Europe, favor same-sex marriage. Of course, like everywhere, some people claim Jesus never said anything about homosexuality and therefore is neutral on the topic. Even if I don’t believe in God, reading the interpretations I logically tend to agree with the ones who are saying that Jesus was unequivocal in saying that to understand marriage and the sexual union, we must go back to the beginning and see how God created humanity and to what end. To be human is to have a disordered sexuality. You do. I do. Everyone does. All people have some manner of sexual drive that compels us to disobey God's design for sexuality. But, while temptation is universal, it's different from sin. We must "speak the truth in love” and it’s more about that “culture of encounter”. To identify people by their sexuality is to reduce people to their sexuality. And I’m pretty sure that every individual is so much more.

Okay, time for me to rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub, and …Yay God :) Don’t’ forget your Sacramints! Have fun!

16. KingDavid

Yeah, I was defending homosexuality, actually... It wasn't viable thousands of years ago where we had to be fruitful and multiply. It was real easy to die in those times, and all of those people were really resilient. They needed strict laws to govern them. Now? In the 21st century? Western civilization isn't going to collapse because some gay people want to get married.

Whether or not there is a literal God, a grand architect - I don't know. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't - but I have faith. I think there's enough information out there to suggest there's intelligence to the universe in the form of Power Laws, in comparative religion/mythology, in human psychology (particularly the collective unconscious) and - more importantly - my own subjective experience here on Earth.

I think that's fine, whatever you believe. I would never tell you that you're wrong. To each their own. God bless.

EDIT: Also, you implied that science doesn't agree with the idea of "eternal life". I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that quantum physics and the laws of thermal dynamics says that information cannot be destroyed. Not matter what happens, your data will live on. Maybe we live on after death and we just don't understand the science yet. Maybe not.

I mean, we don't really even understand the science of dreaming. There's a lot of studies on dreams relating to ancestry and all the stories we tell. There's all of these patterns. Look up Jungian psychology. Joseph Campbell's monomyth. I think at the very least our consciousness is connected into one, somehow, outside of life on Earth. We are all one, in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  17. Vey

Vey Guest

Who is John Galt? :)

In philosophical discussions about God and time, the term “eternity” has been used in different ways. I think that what matters in the "grand scheme of things" is having the freedom to choose to continue living.

Quantum information and classical information are different things. Entropy is certainly created, only in the most idealized systems entropy can remain constant. For the dreaming patterns...well... I guess we have to wait for Beverly’s journal, sometime this year.Until then, we still have Jung and a few more, of course .

18. CandyCaneV

CandyCaneV New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    To answer from my perspective, in general, ppl are heterosexual. Although most have done a gay act, it's not what they prefer. So I think it just grosses most ppl out when they see it in public.
    Unfortunately we don't see just regular gay ppl... we see the flamers... And it's not pretty, they even get belligerent. So it's not a social norm in our present society.
    I could care less what you do, I don't like it in public, grosses me out. But I was molested so I'm pretty biased.
    Jesus did not have 2 dads... He had only one silly.