Junior in College

Discussion in 'Education' started by redhot20, Nov 3, 2017.

1. redhot20

redhot20 New Member

Money:
    262⛀
    So I've spent my first two years in college basically going to class, studying, and going home. Now that I'm a junior and almost about to graduate next year, I feel that I haven't made any friends at all. I'm not a real social person in the first place, but I'm looking for some advice to help me out? I'm not too comfortable around people but its depressing spending four years of your life with no one to relate or talk to.

2. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀
    Well you can start by wearing what is in the pic! Just kidding. Maybe find people who are into whatever you are. Join a rec group hit the spots people go too

3. redhot20

redhot20 New Member

Money:
    262⛀
    I guess that's the thing as well. I don't have too many hobbies or it's hard for me to find interest in something or do something unless I absolutely have to. Maybe what I'm trying to say is I'm having a hard time finding myself? And that affects my relationships.

Dhakganja, Charles1988 and Suraj7373 like this.
  4. Icouri

Icouri New Member

Money:
    8⛀
    Hey, no strings attached, always down for a pen pal (so to speak) just to chat and pass time. No meeting up or anything risky, nothing with a mandatory timeline (mostly because in also a student). Regardless, talk to people. You'll only develop social skills through practice :)

5. Codyodyody

Codyodyody New Member

Money:
    21⛀
    You wanna just have a casual chat? I suppose we don't go to the same college, but internet friends are pretty good too.

6. CunLinguist

CunLinguist Member

Money:
    150⛀
    It can be hard... I find that just relaxing and being open to conversation is important. People will speak to you, just allow yourself to respond when they do and let it become a conversation.

7. ApolloAcestar

ApolloAcestar New Member

Money:
    5⛀
    what's your major? Makes it easier to find friends. Majors typically stick together or find friend groups where your skills AS a major help you, for instance, im an English major and use my skills to run Dungeons and Dragons games. Find friends who complement your interests, like mine do.

8. Kathy_Doyle

Kathy_Doyle Guest

You know, I was exactly like you when I started college. Just don't worry, and don't buy into what your mind is telling you. You are a real person, social or not, and others will like you for what you are and what you will be for them. As long as you are kind, thoughtful and caring, you will find good and true friends. That's my experience.

9. Queenkit1st

Queenkit1st Active Member

Money:
    1,772⛀
    If you have no hobbies find one!

That’s my sole advice.

10. Kuriakosejithu

Kuriakosejithu New Member

Money:
    0⛀
    Oooo

11. Bekka

Bekka Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    3,849⛀
    Start by joining a club or team or something that interests you! My advice then is to always say yes to plans other people ask you to join (even if you don't want to be friends with them, you might meet a better friend mutually!)

12. JJ69420

JJ69420 New Member

Money:
    31⛀
    I will be ur friend

13. Dhakganja

Dhakganja New Member

Money:
    0⛀
  14. Ishittagupta89

Ishittagupta89 New Member

Money:
    10⛀
    Hi, My name is Majida Khan From Chennai.

15. Ishittagupta89

Ishittagupta89 New Member

Money:
    10⛀
    I am searching Handsome boy For boyfriend

16. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Then post in the right section. You along with a few others (Myself included now) are hijacking this thread for no reason.

Posts in areas have purpose and its not hard to stick to them..

17. Ramakrishna14

Ramakrishna14 New Member

Money:
    21⛀
    I don't have that kind of friends

18. badboyzaki

badboyzaki New Member

Money:
    0⛀
    hello

19. badboyzaki

badboyzaki New Member