Philosophy and religion

Discussion in 'Religion' started by mikeystarr6969, Feb 4, 2020.

1. mikeystarr6969

mikeystarr6969 New Member FCN Regular

Hows it going everyone, I have studied about religions and different belief systems for a while, and I am interested in hearing your stories and want to know if anyone wants to discuss or create videos regarding these topics. I believe that in order to understand religion and atheism we must understand psychology and realize that everyone is different in response to these ideas.

Jacey85 likes this.
  2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Atheism is the default human setting. Why does it need to be understood?

Busty_Nerd likes this.
  3. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    58,267⛀
    you do not need to understand psychology to understand religion. Religion is the belief in and worship of superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. There has always been and always will be different religions and different deities.

4. mikeystarr6969

mikeystarr6969 New Member FCN Regular

some people feel they need religion to prevent them from doing horrible things out of divine authority ... others like atheists have a sensitive personality everyone is different

5. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

What?

What does a "sensitive personality" have to do with anything?

If you need for a religion to tell you how to behave, you black education. Education starts in early childhood.

Frankey and Busty_Nerd like this.
  6. Jacey85

Jacey85 Member

Money:
    151⛀
    My husband is an avid atheist. Comes from an american catholic background. I was raised Roman catholic in Germany. Then became southern Baptist in America. Then went to Luthern church when I lived with grandparents. Studied mythology, psychology, sociology, and philosophy in college. I'm sort of a universalist now. Lots of atheist tendencies. I've found that the simple and the desperate need condolence and comfort, and the educated become arrogant and cynical. Religion and philosophy are skewed on that same curve I think.

M_Bluey likes this.
  7. Juanpabl22

Juanpabl22 Guest

Anyone Christian if I may ask?

8. Karen59

Karen59 Member FCN Regular

Money:
    487⛀
    Atheism is just another religion, albeit more boring than most. It is probably appropriate for a cancellation society.