R O M A N C A T H O L I C I S M

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SissyCultist, Aug 10, 2018.

1. SissyCultist

SissyCultist New Member

Money:
    16⛀
    Benedicamus Domino! From Catherine of Sienna to Rodrigo Borgia, from Ordo Cisterciensis to the magical treasury of baroque art...is anybody here interested in or even following the sexiest religion there is?

whybother123 likes this.
  2. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,399⛀
    Finally someone who gets why I still go to mass!

JackieTreehorn likes this.
  3. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

I believe Roman Catholicism is evil. The Vatican is a government with its own money, secretary of state and ambassadors, it is a recognized nation, just like Germany, France, etc. Why? What are they doing? It's no secret that the Vatican and its leaders, including the Pope, covered up decades and decades of sexual abuse on children. Just the other day, 300 pedophile priests in Pennsylvania sexually abused more than 1,000 children since the 1950s. Read all that at your own discretion.

This is happening world-wide and probably goes back since its inception. Roman Catholicism has its roots in paganism/occultism. It's evident in all of the "saints" - they are like the pantheon of Roman gods. Studies have shown that more Catholics pray to these saints more than Jesus - they worship Mary more, too. The idea of "confession" comes from ancient Babylon, where they worshiped the sun god "Baal". The Baal religion moved to Egypt, where they now worshiped Osiris. The Catholic communion is based on these Egyptian ceremonies done by priests, where they consume the flesh of their sun god.

Ash Wednesday comes from the Norse god Odin/Woden, which is where we get "Wednesday". The ash on the forehead is an old pagan ceremony. Of course there's Christmas. Easter. Many more. Look, you get the idea. I'm trying to explain Catholicism is pagan to the core, and only LARPs as Christian, to get away with it. And this is evident in all of the pedophilia.

JamieO61 likes this.
  4. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,041⛀
    All Christianity is based on pagan God's and rituals. Easter is in Spring because that was the pagan religions rebirth of a god or goddess time . See any similarities ? All Christian Holliday's have roots in paganism. So your arguing is bullshit

5. KingDavid

Wrong. Easter isn't a Christian holiday and never was, it comes from the Catholics when they converted the pagans of Europe (long after the New Testament was written) and they didn't want to let go of their pagan rituals, same with Christmas. For centuries, many Christians fought against it. Not that long ago in America, within 100 years or so, Christmas was illegal in some states. The people who settled this country were Puritans and they were strictly against Christmas.

The holidays are good for family and kids, but they're not a religious thing. According to the Bible, these pagan holidays are vain. They don't mean anything. Want to celebrate them? Sure, whatever, but they have nothing to do with God. Here's the Bible referencing the Yule:

Jeremiah 10:1-5 New King James Version (NKJV)
    Idols and the True God
    Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel.

Thus says the Lord:

“Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, For the Gentiles are dismayed at them. For the customs of the peoples are futile; For one cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple. They are upright, like a palm tree, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them, For they cannot do evil, Nor can they do any good.”

My point was that the Catholics are very pagan. So much so that they lack Christian values, like not sexually abusing kids. I haven't been inconsistent, or "bullshit", you're just confused.

The Bible never says Jesus was born on December 25th, or that we should share gifts on the day of His birth, or anything about "Easter". Many scholars believe Jesus was born in the Spring, because there were shepherds attending to their flock. The Roman Catholics are the ones who said Jesus was born on December 25th, to justify keeping their pagan worship. That was my point!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    nessabbyxo likes this.
  6. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,399⛀
    Oh ffs go wait for someone to reply to one of your threads and leave this one be.

Bdj1992 and witchygirl like this.
  7. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Thats what he said dickhead ! Screenshot_20180819-164546_Chrome.jpg

Dcdevon likes this.
  8. KingDavid

This is a public forum, not a club. We are in the "Religion" tab. The post reads, "is anybody here interested in or even following the sexiest religion there is?" So, I speak my truth. Do you understand? If you don't like me, or the words that I say, and you can't debate me. Why not ignore me?
    I don't understand why you took a screenshot of a part of my post, lol. But alright. And no that's not what he said. Here, let's actually read some text instead of looking at avatars and hitting like/cussing someone out.
    These holidays aren't Christian to begin with. In my first post I mentioned this, saying the Catholics are pagan. I wasn't inconsistent at all. Your internet boyfriend was just confused.

9. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,041⛀
    Confused no. But I have no reason to bash Catholics. You claim to have a moral compass but you are full of shit. Doesn't matter if you are Protestant or Catholic all churches have done bad. You are all hypocrites no matter the denomination. And all Christian holidays are based on pagan rites at least the major ones anyway. Again you have no clue what you are talking about.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    witchygirl likes this.
  10. KingDavid

I'm getting a little tired of repeating myself. One more time. Try and read all of my words slowly and carefully. There is nothing in the Bible that tells people to celebrate Christmas or Easter. Only the opposite, "don't be like the heathens who celebrate the yuletide (Christmas)." Jesus never said celebrate his birth. Roman Catholics wanted to remain pagan, so they slapped on Jesus' name over Mithras' holiday. This does not make it a Christian holiday. There is nothing Christian about the Yuletide or the Winter Solstice. Understand? So how is my argument "bullshit"? Think. You were/are confused.
    That's provably wrong. I could dig through your posts where you said Christianity is bad because of Catholic priests, but now you're saying you don't want to "bash" Catholics. All this demonstrates is that you're not a man of your word and you have no morals. You believe in what's convenient and you're inconsistent. You don't want to ruffle any feathers.

I have a strict anti-pedophilia stance. Whether it's Catholics, Muslims, Hollywood, rockstars or people in education in government. Pretty simple - men who sexually abuse children deserve to be put to death. And institutions that habitually abuse children - the Catholic Church - are evil incarnate. That is what I believe, and I have explained why. Feel free to disagree, but I don't know how someone could defend the sexual abuse, personally.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    blulittlegirl likes this.
  11. witchygirl

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Oh ffs just stop...

Dcdevon likes this.
  12. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,041⛀
    You are a fucking dumbass. Of course there is nothing in the Bible saying that. That's my point idiot. You are proving my point for me. All Christian holidays are based on pagan rites. That's what I said. So of course they aren't in the Bible. Your lack of intelligence shouldn't surprise me at this point. But your stupidity seems to have no limits.

mumpylumps and witchygirl like this.
  13. KingDavid

If it's not Christian, how is it a Christian holiday? You know what, it doesn't matter. I waste my time here. In all of these threads - pearls before swine. There are 1 or 2 genuine people who comment, leave a like, probably a few who read and don't comment. But it's not worth it. This is not the place to have intelligent conversations. It always boils down to drama. Everyone's in a clique and they're politically aligned against other cliques. None of the facts matter. It doesn't even matter what you typed 2 posts ago, because no one's held accountable. Your brains are mush.

This is childish. I'm moving on with my life. Grow up and dump your internet girlfriend, dude - it's not real. It is just a fantasy. You spend most of your time together on the chat forum calling Auto names - you deserve more out of life. Get laid. Be a man. Don't waste your life. Good bye.

blulittlegirl likes this.
  14. witchygirl

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Wow you are really in touch with life mate ! We are a real couple and in 25 days we will be together so why don't you get a life and stop siding with a racist fuck like her !!! Fuck off

Dcdevon likes this.
  15. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,041⛀
    No point in talking to that clown baby. It's like talking to a toddler. But they have much better logic and reasoning skills.

witchygirl likes this.
  16. SissyCultist

SissyCultist New Member

Money:
    16⛀
    I definitely didn't mean to start a drama, but thanks to everyone for responses. I'm glad TacoBelle brought up visiting mass.

There was one interesting point here, in what KingDavid said. I do agree there is a lot of pagan elements to catholicism (much moreso than to other branches of christianity). As a non-christian, I consider that part of the appeal.
    (edit: and no, by that I don't defend child abuse)

17. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,041⛀
    See that's where I disagree to a point
    See that's where I disagree to a point. Christmas and Easter and other holidays are celebrated the same day whether Catholic or Protestant. The Protestant churches all come from groups that splintered from the Catholic Church or the Church of England. So they celebrate these holidays on the same day for the same reasons. It may be true that the Catholic Church has held on to more pagan rituals themselves, but my point was simply all Christianity is based in some pagan traditions. When the Romans adopted religion they incorporated these things into the religion to gain more converts. King David likes to oppose whatever I say regardless of what it is lol. I will say with a United Methodist family ( I never joined but did go to church as a kid) the one time I went to a Catholic Church I did find it more ritualistic although that isn't something I could articulate at the time. I just knew it freaked me out.( How did everyone know when to sit and stand lol) I know now haha

witchygirl likes this.
  18. BobbyF

BobbyF Active Member

Money:
    902⛀
    I applaud the person who created this thread...Catholics are just as human and just as sinful as any other Christian, all if us in need of God's saving grace...
    Stop focusing on our negatives for a while, and take out the planks from your own eyes, so that you may see clearly the specks in our eyes

19. witchygirl

Money:
    199,602⛀
    As an atheist. The most judgmental people go to church...... love is all you need

Bdj1992, nessabbyxo and Dcdevon like this.
  20. BobbyF

BobbyF Active Member

Money:
    902⛀
    The most judgmental people YOU know... There's also a whole lot of nonjudgmental people going to church, and a whole lot more judgmental people who go to church and get castigated by the Good Book for being judgmental... Its a WIP for everyone... But like you said, love is what's at the core

witchygirl likes this.