Regarding the PlayStation 4's PS2 Classic games

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Pastime' started by Rucio, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Rucio

Rucio New Member

Money:
    1,029⛀
    This is a strange topic to begin with, but I was one of those people who grew up on the PS1 and PS2, and seeing that some of my favorite games like Destroy All Humans! making it to the PS Store for a reasonable price honestly was great to see, and I gladly bought it. Overall, it played exactly as advertised: a direct port to PS4, with no real concern about any memory issues. Of course, that is where some problems laid. After about 4 hours of playing the game, I tried doing what everyone tries at least once in GTA: getting the Wanted rating to the maximum possible setting as easily as possible. In this game's case, you have to destroy a lot of military vehicles quickly to get the "Majestic" to show up. However, every time I did this, the second two Majestic Cars showed up, the PS4 would display an error and close the game. Making matters worse, every time I looked up the error code, I could only find into about NBA 2K19 online errors, which made no sense as I don't even play that game.

It hasnt happened in a great while, so I figure it was a basic overflow of memory, but does anyone with more knowledge in the workings of a PS4 have any suggestions as to what might have happened? The error code was CE-34878-0, if that helps, but all I could find was that it's a generic "you crashed" error message.

2. PrideTwix

PrideTwix New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    21⛀
    I don't claim to know much about the PS4 but I do know what could've happened.
    A lot of the time if not all the time when they make a older game for a newer consel they have to change some code so it works with the new programing of that consel.

This can cause many problems like events not working certain things you could do in the original may crash the game for some reason. Its something that the company knows and is still trying to fix.