Selecting a major

Discussion in 'Education' started by Demi_x, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Demi_x

Demi_x Weirdo FCN Regular

Money:
    3⛀
    I have been aiming things down to a few things.

I like

Education
    Business
    Psychology

but I think the most practical is business admin, with a minor in Psych. Thoughts?

2. alphame

alphame Guest

Hmm that would be pretty good

3. trillxdeegan

trillxdeegan Active Member

Money:
    338⛀
    I've been thinking psychology and business. I want to go into mental heath ( possibly with a minor in nutrition to better help eating disorders) but i also want to open a hookah bar because the closest one is 45 minutes away lol

4. Demi_x

Money:
    3⛀
    That's pretty awesome

ConsciousNobody likes this.
  5. alphame

alphame Guest

Yaa it is a perfect combination

6. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,506⛀
    When thibking of a major you should look into the long term as well as the pros and cons. With psychology I know @MsEvaline is getting her PhD is psychology so she is someone good to talk about what you can do with a psychology degree. Education is very different. I have noticed education in America is completely different from education oversees. There is also many different types of education. While asking on here is a good start, we are not you and we will not always be here. Go to your counselor and talk to them about this to help try to figure out what you want to do

Demi_x likes this.
  7. Smalldikc

Smalldikc Guest

Psychology is a pseudo science,
    Business is far more practical..
    Like them dudes in the Boiler Room

8. Demi_x

Money:
    3⛀
    think ima stick to business admin..

9. RipleyKat

RipleyKat New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    39⛀
    I love psychology.

And I love a man who can effortlessly "show" how great a psychologist he is *giggles... did I just reveal that lol*

Anyway, my favourite courses apart from this would be
    Fashion Designing
    Math
    Computers (never go wrong with computers)
    Business Administration

10. Jeri36TG

Jeri36TG Guest

Do research on what the average salary is of someone with the degrees that interest you. review the degree expected salary to what you can get at an equivalent annual minimum wage or high school educated job. if the degree doesnt at least pay more then dont select it. also, dont spend $200,000 on educatuion that will give you a$30000 a year starting salary. you will never get out of debt. Be smart... the reason you are going to school is to get a job afterwards. treat your time and money spent there as a business expense. you have to get a positive return on your investment.

11. Juanpabl22

Juanpabl22 Guest

At the moment I major in electrical engineering, Think about what you like and how you want to further it into the worl. It will take some time, but think about how you want to make a change in this world :)