Sessions and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dcdevon, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀
    So 64 percent of the American people support federal legalization of Marijuana. And 51 percent of Republicans do. So why does it seem Jeff Sessions is poised to go after states that have legalized weed? Because the will of the people doesn't matter to him. Only his outdated views on Marijuana . On the one hand it is illegal under federal law and federal law tr.umps state law.( No pun intended) . But there is also a case to be made for states rights and the right of states to conduct their own commerce. But I have a different take on this to share. If the Republican party calls itself the party of fiscal responsibility , then using money to prosecute people or organizations or to sue states over legal weed in contradiction to the will of the people isn't very fiscally responsible. My suggestion is those on the right who support legalization of Marijuana push that issue with thier Republican representatives. We may not be able to agree on much of anything now those on the left and on the right. But most of us seem to agree weed isn't as bad as opiates like this old dinosaur believes. Let's use that to our advantage. We are the people!!

witchygirl likes this.
  2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,316⛀
    It doesn't help that he's making no exception for medical marijuana.

People have spoken and voted. Massive amounts of tax money is being collected from marijuana sales. Republicans can't seem to decide whether they need more or less government—their hypocrisy is going to cause them to eat shit. Fire and Fury is only going to accelerate the shit dinner.

3. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    Yep you are correct Stanthropical. The General Opposition Party is quickly proving itself incapable of governing or bringing a united message. And the consequences are already being felt. And will only get worse for them. Which I'm fine with.

witchygirl likes this.
  4. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,316⛀
    You shouldn't be fine with it—it's our tax dollars they're playing with. Like the party or not, we still need some sort of balance. This, however, is far beyond balance.

5. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    That's actually a very good point. Im going to have to temper my desire to see them crash and burn. Because as you said that is my and everyone else's money they take every week. But I still want them to fail and lose heavily during the mid terms.

witchygirl likes this.
  6. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    I think sessions needs some weed.

RoxSta and JustLogan like this.
  7. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    witchygirl and JustLogan like this.
  8. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    Lol I know the feeling man ! It's weird here it goes state by state and is still a federal crime. For instance were I used to live in DC ( hence my name lol) it is legal. Where I live now in a state that borders DC anything 10 grams or less is a civil offense and just a fine. Cross the river into Virginia ... Your fucked lol . It should be legal everywhere.

witchygirl and JustLogan like this.