Archived "So You Had to Pick a New Username..."

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow Help & Support' started by vitriolicv, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitriolicv

vitriolicv Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    119,888⛀
    If you lost your old username due to restrictions on special characters, nothing can be done about that.

If you had a bunch of credits and virtual gifts and things, and you want to get those back, they *may* be transferable, if all the details necessary to confirm that you are the same person as the one who owned the username match up and are still on file.

Post your old username in this thread and I'll see what I can do.

Do NOT bump. Do NOT make multiple posts. I'll get to them as I get to them, no sooner. Don't try to flood my inbox about it and don't post about the issue in other threads. Let's centralize the effort of getting this straight in this thread.

LEGEND91 and space0 like this.
  2. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    If you come back to find your post in this thread has been deleted, it's because I've handled it.

Makervijay likes this.
  3. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    I'm seeing some confusion here.

READ THIS STUFF

1) I don't know what your old username was if you don't tell me. Your post should be: "My username used to be ___________ and I had a lot of credits" -- I can look up how many, I don't need you to guess.
    2) If your username and registration email did not change, then your credits were not reset.
    3) If your old username didn't have special characters or spaces, then you didn't have to change it.
    4) "halps i only has a LOGOUT butan not a LOGIN butan" click LOG OUT in order to then be able to LOG IN; how can you log IN if you're already LOGGED IN? this is not hard
    5) I cannot restore your friends list.
    6) This thread is ONLY for transferring credits from your old username to your new one. Do not post about ANYTHING ELSE in this thread.

DO NOT POST ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD

If you are having some other issue that isn't "I had to register a new name because my old one had special characters or spaces, and I lost all my credits," do NOT post about it here. Try another thread. Search through the other threads before posting a new one so you are not creating a duplicate thread unnecessarily.

HungryHungryHippy likes this.
  4. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    If your username DID NOT CHANGE -- if the username is the same as it was before, if you did not have to type it differently to make it compatible -- then you do NOT need to post here. Your credits will be AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED.

5. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    I don't think that name even needed to be changed. People do understand that they can at least try to register with their old name first and see if it'll work, right? And that, if it does, they automatically have their credits and stuff?

6. SaMaNtHa

SaMaNtHa Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,132,727⛀
    Perhaps but at times they're bit lazy especially lately or who knows maybe she got tired with her old nick Lol

Johnharry143 and afromena like this.
  7. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Money:
    834⛀
    When the forum was formed we had to log in and then chase our credits, then the chat site was changed to the new format and now i have to chase my credits again, was it set up to auto credit from old format, if it was it forgot mine, please look into this for me, much appreciated.

Johnharry143 likes this.
  8. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    I can't find your username in my copy of the dump of the old database. If you send something to me in an IM (NOT a profile post!) containing the email address you registered with on FCN (if you ever provided one) and all forms of the username/usernames you used, I'll see if I can find anything that way.

I think you, like pretty much everyone, misunderstand what happened, though. When the forum was created, everyone needed to register to preserve their username, and *if* the username was invalid (contained spaces, started with a number, contained non-alphanumeric characters, etc -- we didn't leave this for the users to figure out, we let the forum tell them whether the username was invalid or not when they tried to register), it had to be changed. Many were able to create the exact same username as they had been using before, which left their credits in-place and accessible to them with no trouble whatsoever. Many registered a new username, requested a credits transfer in this thread, and got their credits. Many registered a new username even though their old one was perfectly valid, which just created more work for us. Many never even noticed the forums, even though we posted links in the chat and encouraged people to spread the news, so they had no idea what was going on.

There were some problems tracking credits because of 123FlashChat itself, which is just one of the many reasons we stopped using it (foremost, it was no longer supported and updated to resist tampering by hacker wannabes). People would register a username, log in, and then immediately change their name to something else. For instance, you're "Ellie." You might have logged in and changed your name to "Bellie" every day, which would prevent any credits accrued as "Bellie" from transferring to the "Ellie" account. This was a known issue and limitation of 123FlashChat that users were informed about any time they complained about it happening. Moderators and admins were informed, the information was repeated, but FCN has thousands of users so everyone forgot, and kept arbitrarily changing their usernames all the time. We disabled the ability to change usernames on-the-fly in order to prevent this, but the software reset itself eventually every time, and people started "mysteriously" losing their credits. Yet another reason we ditched 123FlashChat and have no support for arbitrary username changes whatsoever. Anyway, because of this particular issue, in some cases, credits just weren't anywhere to be found in the 123FlashChat database. And because 123FlashChat didn't keep a record of all the arbitrary username changes, there's no way for us to tell a) if this is what has caused the problem for people who are now complaining that they didn't get their credits (many users I had *personally seen* changing their username at random swore they never did, so I'm not taking anyone's word for it) , or b) how many credits such a person might have had.

In any case, we're free of 123FlashChat now, and there is no reason I can think of that this should happen again. We have control of all software we're using now, and the chat is developed in-house. There might be people who must have their credits left in the old chat because of problems with 123FlashChat we had no control over, but going forward, those people can still accrue credits through chatting in rooms and doing things on the forums. It's a small setback, since there isn't anything to spend credits on yet anyway. Gift systems are still in development.

9. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Money:
    834⛀
    Thankyou for your reply,

When I had to re-reg all was fine, howevevr since the new chat room was launched I seem to have lost all my coins, before re-reg I was under Ellie23.

Thankyou again

Ellie

Yasly likes this.
  10. milkman544

milkman544 New Member

Money:
    6⛀
    why is my user name not accepted

11. tommywayne33

tommywayne33 Member

Money:
    428⛀