Take away our right to bare arms ; a good or bad idea ?

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Lamar56, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Penguin_Petey

Penguin_Petey Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    6,448⛀
    Hey this is an adult discussion forum, I appreciate the apology.
    I should have clarified which quote too.

2. CowboyDFW

CowboyDFW Guest

The second amendment was not for hunting or self defense, it was so the peole could over throw a tyranical dominating high tax government should one ever find itself in power. Also the definition of "arms" inclided swords, poleatms, crossbows, and cannons. Meaning the general populace was ENTITLED to own militarymgrade weapons.

Remember withnout the second anendment all the other "rights" are just privileges granted bybthe government until what you say or do inconveniences the "elites" in charge.

3. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,511⛀
  4. CowboyDFW

CowboyDFW Guest

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

5. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
  6. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
  7. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,632⛀
    Keep your gun loaded and under pillow, because there's danger in your gated community—a shooting target or a paper torso silhouette might sneak into your home, get into your fridge to eat your lunch meat, drink your milk and slit your throat while you sleep.

8. Autonomous

Money:
    8,712⛀
    Aiming right at you...

9. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,632⛀
    I hope you never get to own a weapon. You're psychologically unqualified

10. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

Aren't you from Chicago? Where they have some of the toughest gun laws in the country? Gee, it's almost like gun control doesn't work and legal gun owners aren't the ones committing gun crimes.

11. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    At least they said bear and not bare .

12. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,632⛀
    Do you have a point?

13. KingDavid

14. KingDavid

15. SexyAsianBitch

Money:
    57,511⛀
    that is actually not true.

[​IMG]

now that is from 2016 which is 3 years ago, but I highly doubt that homicides from unregistered guns would skyrocket past suicide.

16. KingDavid

I'm confused, who are you talking to and in what context?

If you're talking to me, I have no idea what you're telling me is "actually not true".

I've previously brought up gun suicides with Devon.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  17. KingDavid

I said gun crimes, not gun deaths.

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/commentary/here-are-8-stubborn-facts-gun-violence-america

5. Higher rates of gun ownership are not associated with higher rates of violent crime.

• Switzerland and Israel have much higher gun ownership rates than the United States but experience far fewer homicides and have much lower violent crime rates than many European nations with strict gun control laws.
      • While some will argue that the guns carried by Swiss and Israeli citizens are technically “owned” by the government in most cases, this does little to negate the fact that many citizens in those countries have ready access to firearms.
    • Canada is ranked 12th in the world for the number of civilian-owned guns per capita and reports one of the world’s lower homicide rates—but even then, some provinces have higher homicide rates than U.S. states with less restrictive laws and higher rates of gun ownership have.
    • Although many gun control advocates have noted that “right-to-carry” states tend to experience slight increases in violent crime, other studies have noted the opposite effect.
    • Higher rates of concealed carry permit holders are even more strongly associated with reduction in violent crime than are “right-to-carry” states. The probable reason for this is that “right-to-carry” studies often include “open carry” states, which have not been shown to correlate with more people actually carrying or even owning firearms. Rates of concealed carry permit holders are better indicators of the number of people who actually possess and carry firearms within a given population.
    • Further, as with most correlations, there are many other factors that can account for increases in concealed carry permits—including the fact that people who live in already dangerous neighborhoods seek out means of self-defense. The Huffington Post noted that the rate of concealed carry permit requests in Chicago has soared in recent years after the city loosened restrictions, in large part, according to the Chicago Tribune, because law-abiding residents are increasingly worried about rising rates of violent crime in the city.
    • The rate of gun ownership is higher among whites than it is among African-Americans, but the murder rate among African-Americans is significantly higher than the rate among whites.
    • Similarly, the rate of gun ownership is higher in rural areas than in urban areas, but urban areas experience higher murder rates.

7. Legally owned firearms are used for lawful purposes much more often than they are used to commit crimes or suicide.
      • In 2013, El Comandante Drone Man ordered the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to assess existing research on gun violence. The report, compiled by the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council, found (among other things) that firearms are used defensively hundreds of thousands of times every year.
      • According to the CDC, “self-defense can be an important crime deterrent.” Recent CDC reports acknowledge that studies directly assessing the effect of actual defensive uses of guns have found “consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”
      • Semi-automatic rifles (such as the AR-15) are commonly used as self-defense weapons in the homes of law-abiding citizens because they are easier to control than handguns, are more versatile than handguns, and offer the advantage of up to 30 rounds of protection. Even Vox has published stories defending the use of the AR-15.
      • AR-15s have been used to save lives on many occasions, including:
        • Oswego, Illinois (2018) — A man with an AR-15 intervened to stop a neighbor’s knife attack and cited the larger weapon’s “intimidation factor” as a reason why the attacker dropped the knife.
        • Catawba County, North Carolina (2018) — A 17-year-old successfully fought off three armed attackers with his AR-15.
        • Houston, Texas (2017) — A homeowner survived a drive-by shooting by defending himself with his AR-15.
        • Broken Arrow, Oklahoma (2017) — A homeowner’s son killed three would-be burglars with an AR-15 (the man was later deemed to have acted in justifiable self-defense).
        • Ferguson, Missouri (2014) — African-American men protected a white man’s store from rioters by standing outside armed with AR-15s.
        • Texas (2013) — A 15-year-old boy used an AR-15 during a home invasion to save both his life and that of his 12-year-old sister.
        • Rochester, New York (2013) — Home intruders fled after facing an AR-15.

18. SexyAsianBitch

Money:
    57,511⛀
    so are you saying death is not a crime?

19. KingDavid

In case you were confused, what I meant by this...
    was that most gun crimes are committed by people who aren't legal gun owners. The vast majority of legal gun owners are not committing gun crimes, but that, of course, does happen.
    guns_graph.jpg

Legal gun owners actually stop gun crimes.

CRIME-AND-GUNS-Property-Crimes-and-Handgun-Supply1.png

20. KingDavid

I wouldn't consider suicide to be a "gun crime", no, but there have been leftist media outlets who use suicides to promote their distorted anti-second amendment political views.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 persons),[5][6] and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 persons).[7] These deaths included 21,175 suicides,[7] 11,208 homicides,[8] 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent"

If I were to tell you that "gun violence" claimed 33,636 lives in 2013, that helps push my anti-second amendment agenda more than if I said 11,208 gun murders [of course, some of these are justifiable gun murders].

But no, I would not consider this a "gun crime" or "gun violence".