The Good Old Days

Discussion in 'Drama' started by InTheMix, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Cum4MeDutch

Cum4MeDutch Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    190,539⛀
    Chatting in The Lobby at MSN...

2. Peacecountry

Peacecountry Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,155⛀
    I may be showing my age here but I remember my first "new" bicycle. Single speed, riding with my friends 15-20 miles out of town with fishing rods and baskets on a Saturday. No parental guidance necessary. Just a bunch of boys having fun and relaxing on a sunny day by the pond. Lots of fresh air and exercise. No cell phones or texting or video games or any technology. Not a care in the world.
    [​IMG]

Hedonist, PumpkinPie and Heather like this.
  3. Heather

Heather Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I remember them days well myself, had me a bike almost like that but mine was bright pink with a yellow banana seat....lol.

I do remember my first pair of roller skates, known more today as roller blades.

z15.jpg

Peacecountry and InTheMix like this.
  4. Peacecountry

Peacecountry Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,155⛀
    Another memory as a youngster growing up in western Canada, playing hockey on a frozen pond with the mountains in the back drop. Many a weekend spent from 9 AM until it started getting dark in the late afternoon. Man, if I could have bottled up that energy and saved a little for now. There was a lot more snow when I was a kid.
    [​IMG]

Heather and Dcdevon like this.
  5. Heather

Heather Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Oh now that brings back some good memories as well im from Halifax. We would skate for hours on the lakes, kids today sit with phone or control in hand.

6. InTheMix

InTheMix Guest

I remember having to use the end of a pencil to wind the cassettes! Or sitting by the radio to hit record when the song comes on for the mix tape. Riding a bike without a helmet. Pepsi clear was the best!! Pogs were "tubular"

Keira, Jane29, Dcdevon and 1 other person like this.
  7. InTheMix

InTheMix Guest

"Back in my day.."
    When you hit in the head you got up and kept playing. No CTE here...wait, where am I?

Riding bikes until street lights came on, actually walking to school, card catalogues, encyclopedia, Oregon trail

8. Jwitthasauce

Jwitthasauce New Member

Money:
    509⛀
    Jiggling the tv antenna cause the reception was horrid and cable wasn't an option at the time, eating a twinkie watching saturday morning cartoons on local tv.

Keira likes this.
  9. aqha79

aqha79 Active Member

console tv's...cars without seatbelts..country stores ..candy for a penny...gas for 87 cents a gallon..sat morning cartoons..first music videos on mtv....satellite dishes bigger then cars in your yard for tv.....wooden boats ...when there was no Walmart just hometown main streets

Keira likes this.
  10. Hedonist

Hedonist He HATES pleasure.

Money:
    247,441⛀
    making your own toys, kites, billy carts, forts
    Getting smacked by parents for misbehaving
    Writing on a slate at school
    Desks with ink-wells
    the spring butterfly swarm

Lakeside likes this.
  11. Stanthropical