The Love Chemical/Addiction

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by toodeep, Oct 12, 2018.

1. toodeep

toodeep Guest

Im curious. How many people actually understand the biology of what is going on with their "cravings" to be loved?

2. toodeep

toodeep Guest

some people get a "good feeling" when they eat food. some use it as a way to treat themselves to that burst of dopamine or whatever nerotransmitter causes pleasure that is released in the brain. im sure their is a few of them. ive learned a bit about this researched topic/study. the actual "falling in love thing" is what reaserchers say is a chemical more addicting than cocaine. people behave abnormal, and often overlook the fundamental flaws of their partner during this pink could floating eppisode of the relationship. where everything is lovely and perfect. if youve ever had a 'true love", you might know what im talking about. this can last about a year maybe year and a half. then wow, your living with a stranger, and how could anyone act this way. you thought you knew them didnt you. it all happens so quick. you fall out of love, so you think. but in reality, its the commitment that should hold the relationship together, and not a good feeling. some people move on so quick, and present drug addiction behavior as they are sddicted to that chemical, and they crave it so badly. they will use you up, find fault with you, and spit you out. leaving some people senceless as to what happened. i think from what ive experianced, their is a terrible withdrawl effect from a long dose of that love thing. leaving a person to feel hopeless. we must ask ourselves, were we addicted to the great person, or just to the chemical high and wonderful feelings and false sence of security. i had my turn at this thing. not till years later that i learned what really happened. but you know, i was 21 and in love. what did i know then.

cobaltxtxt likes this.
  3. Thalassa

Thalassa Guest

Sorry to hear that was your experience. It actually happens to a lot of us, especially in our youth, when we don't know "any better", when we are still figuring things out, and trying to understand what this crazy little thing called "Love" is (and here cue in, Queen's eponymous song, lol), while dealing with teen hormones and changing bodies.

There is such a thing as the neurochemistry of love and it does beget a lot of questions. Love is not this heady, obsessive feeling. Love is a calm, ever present, and fairly understated feeling, one that comes through both in words and actions. Love is not passion, is not infuation, is not drama. Those who think so will crave and seek people and therefore relationships that have them go on roller coasters, and if the other person isn't the kind, they will incite drama in order to have their fix of dopamine.

Not just love, but sex comes too with good feelings, that are due to oxytocin and vasopressin release - which btw is why generally a woman after sex will get more attached to the man, and feel "bonded" to him. So now, how we compensate for the release of neurotransmitters in how we view our relationship?

It's all intermingled and interdependent, which makes it hard to keep our wits about us when we meet someone thrilling. That said, what I've learnt is that one needs to be especially aware of one's thoughts and feelings in the first few months, to try to keep a grip on reality and not live in lala land. Misinterpreting a connection for more than it is, ascribing feelings that aren't there, or using that "high" to be lulled into a cocoon, is dangerous. This applies to friendships as much as to romance, and I have made that mistake too many times. If a connection makes it past the first few months, then I'll say you have a keeper.

JustLogan likes this.
  4. cobaltxtxt

cobaltxtxt New Member

Money:
    14⛀
    damn hahaha