The tragic death of Mollie Tibbetts is why we need to step up on illegal immigration

Discussion in 'Drama' started by GamerGirl92, Aug 24, 2018.

1. GamerGirl92

GamerGirl92 LGBT Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

This man had no business being in the country in the first place, if we had better and more strict immigration laws on the books, her death could have been prevented

2. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀
    Your right he didn't. But overall illegal immigrants commit less than 1 percent of all crime. Most try to avoid the law . Cases like this cause headlines and make people think there is this massive illegal alien crime wave. There isn't. A woman is more likely to be killed by someone she knows than a stranger. All Americans are more likely to be a victim of a crime committed by another American. Think about it this way. If there is an estimated 30 million illegal immigrants and 300 million people in America they can only commit a certain percentage of crime. But reality is they are more law abiding than us. There are exceptions. MS 13 being one . I live in a place where they are active. But they are only a small percentage of the niceguy population. I suggest you stop believing everything faux news and smellynews tells you.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  3. GamerGirl92

They cant be law abiding if they break the law to get here

4. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    That has nothing to do with what percentage of crime they commit. Their presence is illegal yes but they are not the cause of a significant amount of crime. Your dodging the issue.

5. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    Your pretty stoned huh ! Carry on lol

6. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    I wasn't attacking her. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I just thought she was high . And I see nothing wrong with that lol

GamerGirl92 likes this.
  7. GamerGirl92

No I not. You said most illegal immigrants are law abiding, they are not. All illegal immigrants are criminals since they broke the law to get I to this country. That being said, sure there are some that dont murder, rape, etc. But that still doesnt mean they should get a free pass to be here. They dont belong here. I see the point that you're trying to make, but it doesnt make any sense. Even if you're statement about them committing less crime is true, theres still crime that is happening because of them. Regardless of how small the amount, theres no reason for them or the crime to even be here

Autonomous likes this.
  8. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    My point makes perfect sense. Yes crime happens because of them. But my point is statisticaly is so minute it's not a factor. You were trying to connect illegal immigrants to a surge in crime. I pointed out that isn't true. 3 women a day are murdered in America by a partner . 1 in 4 women will be a victim of violence committed by their partner. So sure this one woman was killed by someone who should not have been here. But if you deported every illegel in this country our crime rate would not change. And her chance of being killed would not have went up or down. If you say they shouldn't be here because they crossed illegaly and should be deported fine. It's the law. But to try and scapegoats them for our problems is bullshit. Our crime rate isn't because of them. Our drug problems aren't because of them. It's because Americans like to kill each other and Americans like their drugs .

witchygirl likes this.
  9. GamerGirl92

Our crime rate would change. There are many illegal immigrants who bring crime with them. Members of the cartel and other gangs. I like in Phoenix, theres alot of gang crime and drug crime here. Most of which are from the cartels. If NONE of those people were allowed over here, the country would be safer.

Heres a chart I found that for Texas in 2016. This is just for homicides. Yes the legal born citizens commit the most crime. But, there are still half as many illegal immigrants that were also convicted of homicide. If those illegal immigrants had not been in this country, then those deaths would not have happened, ad the crime rate would be lower. Maybe not drastically, but, any bit of a decrease is what we should all be wanting

illegalcrime.jpg

10. Kittycorn

Kittycorn Well-Known Member FCN Regular

As i see it this goes for any country,if you plan on staying in said country..take the time to become legal its not fair to legal citizens and ones born in the country to have to put up with you taking their jobs or getting money from the government to live here illegally if you aren't even gonna learn the language or try and become a legal citizen

Autonomous and GamerGirl92 like this.
  11. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    That may be true in Texas maybe. But I was speaking about the country as a whole. And drugs would not be coming into the country if there wasn't a market for drugs. If Americans didn't want drugs they wouldn't come here
    Cartels aren't forcing anyone to use.Where I live that statistic would not be true. Illegal immigrants are arrested for murder but it wouldn't be at that ratio. But that is a chart from Texas where the border towns have high crime rates . But you don't live in Texas. And most of your gang members won't be from across the border. Unless it's MS 13. A street gang from a neighborhood would be if not 100 percent mostly American. Just because they may be Latin doesn't mean they are immigrants. There are people in that part of the country who can trace their ancesters in America further than you can. It was once Mexico. You also are over simplifing things. Maybe if those illegals immigrants weren't here those people wouldn't have died. Or maybe they would have anyway. You don't know why they were killed. Was it drug related? Did they live a lifestyle that would put them at an increased risk of being murdered? It's not as simple as you think or make it seem.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    witchygirl likes this.
  12. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    Your chart also missleading. It doesn't give a percentage of total murders. So I looked it up. According to Texas.gov dps website 506 illegal immigrants were arrested for murder between 2011 and July of this year. Texas averages around 1500 murders a year . So out of roughly 9000 murders in six years they committed 506. Much less than half or even a quarter percent. Your chart was only about conviction rates. Which doesn't have much to do with overall crime. Nice try though.

witchygirl likes this.
  13. GamerGirl92

But thats still 506 murders that could have been prevented