The tragic death of Mollie Tibbetts is why we need to step up on illegal immigration

Discussion in 'Drama' started by GamerGirl92, Aug 24, 2018.

1. whybother123

whybother123 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,976⛀
    which is good because the Real problem is that the system can’t handle processing more than 20. Due Process isn’t easy. And every one of those 20 is entitled to due process (which includes legal representation, NOT google)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Dcdevon likes this.
  2. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀
    And that solves what ? How does that fix the illegal immigra.nt problem? The other millions are still here. You don't have a clue do you ? No of course not .

witchygirl and whybother123 like this.
  3. BobbyF

BobbyF Active Member

Money:
    902⛀
    So
    the murderers who are not illegal immigrants... What you say about those?

4. GamerGirl92

GamerGirl92 LGBT Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Never said they didnt

5. GamerGirl92

It doesnt fix the problem. I never said it would. It helps, very slowly. What would you suggest then? To do nothing?

6. whybother123

Money:
    1,976⛀
    There’s plenty of caselaw that would say that allowing the accused access to googling the law does not comply with due process.

So yes, you did say that.

7. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    As far as a wall goes that is never going to be built. That's just another bullshit campaign promise that can't be done. So @GamerGirl92 how do you propose we fix the immigration problem without the fantasy of a wall?

8. GamerGirl92

I said that they can google the law. Google the law before you break the law. If I knew I was going to sneak into a country illegally, youd be damn sure id Google the law and find out what could happen if I go through with it. If these people are dumb enough to not do that, then thats on them. They are given lawyers when they go to court

9. GamerGirl92

Ive already told you what I wanted to do. Im asking you what YOU want to do. Since you seem to hate my ideas, tell me your ideas that are so much better

10. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    It helps lol. You are not that naive are you? Let's say you arrest 20 today. Another fifty have snuck across today . And millions are still going to be here. The math doesn't add up. I'm all for making the border more secure. But instead of trying to arrest our way out of a problem. I think we should give those already here a way to become legal citizens. As long as they haven't committed a crime besides being here illegally. And make legal immigration easier for some instead of harder which is what this administration is doing. Making it harder just encourages people to sneak over.

11. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    Your focused on a wall that Congress doesn't want to fund. If they wanted to with Republican control of the government they could. I asked what do you think we should do since that wall will never be built.

12. GamerGirl92

13. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    And where does the money for more agents come from? They have stepped up hiring but it's a pretty big border you know. And increased penalties will not stop people from coming. The conditions they live in are bad enough they will risk it anyway. Do you really think someone willing to travel thousands of miles and sometimes literally walk through a desert will be dettered by stricter penalties ? Really ?

14. GamerGirl92

No, but I think someone would be dettered by a wall and armed guards

15. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    You don't have a solution GamerGirl
    Your just parroting Tr.ump and far right talking points. But since they don't have a solution neither do you. The difference is Tr.ump knows it's all bullshit. Those on the right who talk about a wall no it's going to be impossible to fund it. But they have convinced you to believe it!

16. whybother123

Money:
    1,976⛀
    So what exactly can one learn when one googles “immigration law”? Should one look for a k1, a b1, a b2 an I90 I130, I129, I485, I821 ad nauseum.

H2a, h2b, h3?

What are the standards of proof for each?

How much will it cost?

I can go on.... but I won’t.

Identifying a problem is not enough. We can all agree that there is a problem. I propose that we try to come up with a solution that addresses the root cause. The problem is complex. Building a wall will not solve the problem. And the people building it know that. They just need someone to blame. They need someone to point at as “the other”. They Create fear instead of creating peace.

17. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    Lol well you keep believing it's going to be built. And when it's built there will be armed gaurds on it lol I mean that shit worked for The lost boys in Peter Pan right ? Maybe Pixie will donate some fairy dust to the cause.

witchygirl and whybother123 like this.
  18. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,043⛀
    You've been conned @GamerGirl92 . And so have a lot of others. What I don't understand is is how you can keep letting yourself be conned? You know the old saying ' Fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me' They have been fooling you for almost 2 years now. No meaningful funding for the wall has been approved and the government itself says arrests for attempting to cross have not went down since the crackdown. Yet you still believe. Shit I'm in the wrong line of work.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    witchygirl likes this.
  19. whybother123

Money:
    1,976⛀
    It’s all about cognitive dissonance. It is way too hard for people to admit that they were mistaken. Lots of people wanted to believe that there was a candidate that was going to fight for them, but can’t accept that he is only fighting for his Goldman Sachs friends. All the rhetoric is just that. He doesn’t really want to build a wall. If he actually did that, he wouldn’t be able to continue using the issue to separate people.

witchygirl and Dcdevon like this.
  20. GamerGirl92

Im not 100% T.rump supporter. If he says or does something stupid,ill call him out on it. Just because I want the wall and something to be done about illegal immigration, doesnt mean im conned and naive or some Russian bot or whatever else you want to say