The ultimate question of religion

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Queenkit1st, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Queenkit1st

Queenkit1st Active Member

Money:
    1,772⛀
    We humans share one thing in common: we like to have everything our way. Why, therefore, have we engineered ourselves many religions that state that we are nothing before an immaterial being?

Before you take offence for me saying that we engineered ourselves religions, I wish to state that only one religion can possibly be true so this applies to all the others.

The Christian faith (the one I know most about) states that god is a ghos being and we are powerless before his righteousness. However, I always feel deep down that I’m the best, so how could our ancestors have created a self effacing image that isn’t necessarily even true?

I’d love to see your comments!

2. Alwayscrashingthesamecar

Alwayscrashingthesamecar Active Member

Money:
    199,513⛀
    The "immaterial superior being" starts as a normal guy. Humans are always looking for a reason behind things (when there isn't one) and the science doesn't exist to explain it. It's much easier to create an imaginary person in charge. Interpersonal relationships are mostly based on give and take and trade. You want a bag two bags of grain then you need to give a goat to the guy down the road. It's not much of a jump to say if I want my crops to succeed then I need to give (sacrifice) a goat. So really what our ancestors created wasn't so much a superior as someone who could be bargained with and deals struck. It was a method (albeit not correct) of getting what you wanted.

We only become the massively inferior when this relationship is seized upon buy maniacs who bash it in to some kind of order and call themselves priests. Then the give-take relationship becomes less about making your crops grow and more about controlling you. The God has become a psychological tool. Tie it in with the fact that humans largely go for dualism and there you have it.

So to say we engineered a god that was superior infintely isn't totally correct. Powerful, yes, but relatable and workable. The superior damning God is a product of a smaller percentage of despots. Because our brains know subconciously that it's in a our interests to follow the heard, many just follow.

The same mentality picked up on by countless others . Bosses, politicians, you spouse.

xyzrp and CosmicGypsy92 like this.
  3. xPalla

xPalla New Member

Money:
    48⛀
    Early Christians borrowed heavily from many other religions during its formation, plus the story of Jesus is just a rehashing of the hero myth present in almost every major religion. We also cant know if its the one true religion - no one alive can ever know this, you would have to die to find out.

I also mostly agree with the above post, religion was seized by the ruling as a means of control. I dont doubt that people of noble blood, and even royalty, also believed the stories but you have to realize that they also thought lightning was a holy sign and that rocks arranged in random patterns were a sign of the almighty.

My 2 cents on this matter is that all religions across the board are just a coping mechanism to help us deal with the fact that we're going to die. Being alive and a part of life if wonderful, it's the preferred state we'd all wish to stay in but we know eventually we will be gone forever from everything we love. That's a hard pill to swallow, so why not believe the men in dirty robes preaching that if you're just and kind and listen to them, you won't have to die. Really, for the people thousands of years ago it was an easy choice to make and now religion is just too entwined in our history to ever be removed.

4. AshleyLoii

AshleyLoii New Member

Money:
    20⛀
    Jesus is real, he’s the son of our father who’s sits in heaven. It’s true every religion branches off Christianity. You would think that our ancestors would brought an idol to worship ... Who taught them who brought in their attention that theres God who’ll come and is the answer to our problems. I know I’m not perfect but men can’t be self righteous. We can’t judge each other off our own views because we’re imperfect. Without Yeshua and his principle there wouldn’t be moral. It would of been okay to kill you and no punishment. Men will sought out revenge. But because of God’s presence and his mercy we learn to forgive have “justice”. I’m stating example and facts here. If you don’t have a personal relationship with god. You wouldn’t understand. You already denied him. Just open your heart, I can't explain to you a real relationship with Jesus. Christianity is not religious but a relationship with God.

5. savage__

savage__ New Member FCN Regular

Money:
    936⛀
    most human beings need religion to feel they have a greater purpose in life...when the truth is..all paths lead nowhere

HandsomeDevil likes this.
  6. Azreih

Azreih Member

Money:
    373⛀
    The Christian "religion" is flawed by man made doctrines. The relationship with our creator is the point. So many people, mainly pastors and weak evangelists, teach Christianity in such a non biblical manner. They contradict and defy thetruth of the faith they proclaim.

7. K4iti

K4iti New Member

Money:
    63⛀
    There is a Reason, none of the GODs are in History....but in Mythology (myth). But all say they existed, but no one can see him. Well to me, It doesn't really matter if the God exists or not.

8. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    I'm sure the Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans, Ancient Egyptians, ancient Romans, ancient Greeks would have something to say about that.

And they are just the ones I can list off the top of my head.

9. xyzrp

xyzrp Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Christianity isn't even in the top 8 oldest religions that can be traced back to 5th Century BCE

10. MannyMan

MannyMan Well-Known Member

Money:
    17,875⛀
    Just sayin'...

Aliens.jpg

Billy_B and Icy like this.
  11. Pistil

Pistil Guest

But it all kinda begs the question - what do we mean by heaven? Whether by faith or no hinges on that yes?
    I mean there are so many heavens ...

Icy likes this.
  12. Denison

Denison Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,590⛀
    fuck conventional religion. Sex is the only global religion

13. Pistil

Pistil Guest

IMG_5831.JPG

Icy likes this.
  14. Savage

Savage Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,205⛀
    All paths lead nowhere if you're stupid enough to not find the truth in what's so evidently clear.

15. vicc

vicc Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,492⛀
    As I load another bowl, God spoke to me. Im goin ta Hell y'all.

HandsomeDevil likes this.
  16. MannyMan

Money:
    17,875⛀
    So what questions of biblical proportions are we tackling tonite?

17. Serena_A

Serena_A Well-Known Member FCN Regular

There is a vast number of religions claiming to be the "truth".
    Therefore, we have many truths spreading around.
    Who is telling the truth?
    Or is there no truth at all? Just a bunch of believes fighting for the #1 spot in control of the masses?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  18. MannyMan

Money:
    17,875⛀
    I like the fact that a lot of religions/faiths/beliefs are based on parables or sorts. A lot like a story holds a truth encased within it's narrative. To me that is the invisible thread that binds faiths to a greater truth. It's something we tell and derive moral gauges from. Whether it comes from our own family or from comic books, we create a moral truth from the things we are told and read from. Believing in a specific religion is up to the individual, but what that religion teaches the individual is what stands out to us all. Our translations of those teachings is what also causes so much strife and confusion, which in turn causes separation and divisiveness among the masses. What is the truth? that is the ultimate question I guess, but if we compare our lives to a story I think Truth is woven into our mortal tales. Someone years from now, reading our stories will find that Truth somewhere between our victories and failures. Hopefully they will find a Truth that best defines the best and the good in us all. Where that truth comes from I guess is up to you to decide.

19. Serena_A

Serena_A Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I couldn't have said it better even with all my narrative techniques.
    That's a pretty good answer you just gave.

MannyMan likes this.
  20. MannyMan

Money:
    17,875⛀
    To be fair I was following your intro, so kudos to you as well Serena, but thank you very muchos!

Serena_A likes this.