USCIS Finds New Way To Stop H-1B Spouses From Working

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SexyAsianBitch, Jun 11, 2019.

1. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,492⛀
    A rule is pending with the Office of Management and Budget to rescind a 2015 regulation that provides work authorization for the spouses of certain H-1B visa holders. Perhaps not satisfied that the new rule would end work authorization quickly, USCIS has developed a new method to prevent H-1B spouses from working in America

2. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,041⛀
    Are those the visas for skilled workers @SexyAsianBitch ? If so it's part of the idea that if the U.S cuts back on those visas then companies will be forced to hire Americans. The problem is these companies look overseas because there aren't enough Americans qualified to do the job . At least that is what the companies say anyway . But it's all about optics . The companies could be right . Or maybe the government is . But the anti immigr.ant sentiment in this administration is so strong they do not make rational decisions. But the base likes it so they don't care if it makes things harder for the companies involved.

witchygirl likes this.
  3. SexyAsianBitch

Money:
    57,492⛀
    Yes @Dcdevon. An H-1B visa allows someone from overseas with a speciality to work in the United States. Laws limit the number of H-1B visas that are issued each year: 180,440 new and initial H-1B visas were issued in 2017. Employers must generally withhold Social Security and Medicare taxes from the wages paid to employees in H-1B status

4. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,041⛀
    That's what I thought. So I'm guessing limiting spouses that can work is meant to deter people? Or something lol

witchygirl likes this.
  5. SexyAsianBitch

Money:
    57,492⛀
    It seems so. A lot of teachers who come over with an H-1B visa come over with the heir spouses. Most of the time their spouse fulfills the requirements of an H-1B visa as well. If they say you can come but he can't or she can't then the person will say no.

6. Dcdevon

Money:
    59,041⛀
    That's what I was thinking too. Part of the current war on immigr.ants . Which will backfire in the end I think.

witchygirl likes this.