What Constitutes Harassment at FCN

Discussion in 'Drama' started by Corsair48, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Corsair48

Corsair48 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    18,518⛀
    I recently re-read the rules and this is what is stated regarding harassment:

"If someone does not want to interact with you, then you don't interact with them. Reaching out for initial contact is fine, but if they have made it clear that they are not interested, move on. Every user has the ability to block other chatters, or manage their private message and forum privacy settings to prevent being contacted by people who they do not want to interact with. Circumventing these measures to re-initiate contact with a user who has blocked you constitutes harassment.

"Sharing logs, copies, or screenshots of private conversations or media sent to you by other users of our service may also constitute harassment. The one exception to this is when sharing evidence of misbehavior with moderators."

If I am reading that correctly, the key issue is of someone tries to circumvent privacy settings or blocking, etc. That's actually pretty weak. It says nothing about public harassment in the forum, whether the person being harassed is aware or not.

Respectfully, that is not good enough.

My understanding is that, even if one puts their account on lockdown they can still be harassed in the forums. That should not be tolerated.

In my opinion: harassment, public or private, and the of launching personal attacks against another participant (insults, racial slurs, trolling, flame wars, etc.) not only should not be tolerated, but cannot be tolerated.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Shmee, MissLed, AngieOttawa47 and 4 others like this.
  2. CrystalMarker

CrystalMarker Well-Known Member FCN Regular

All we can do is block and ignore on the pages. That's what is suggested.
    The forums are free game...

AngieOttawa47 likes this.
  3. Corsair48

Money:
    18,518⛀
    The wild, wild west, apparently.

AngieOttawa47 and CrystalMarker like this.
  4. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,501⛀
    We are not a babysitting service. What constitutes harrasment for one person mifgt not be harrasment for another person. We have people from all over the world, so cultural differences will fall in place here. If you feel someone is harassing you, let the admin or moderators know. Depending on whether it is chat or forums.

5. Corsair48

Money:
    18,518⛀
    Of course you are not.

I understand there are different cultures in play here, OTOH, harassment can be defined as any unwelcome attention.

I have managed discussion groups (for history) and I couldn't be a babysitter. I was generally inclined to let my members be adults and work it out for themselves whenever possible. But when that didn't happen, I had to step in. When I did, I couldn't play favorites.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  6. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,501⛀
    If we go by that logic than 95 percent of all me In chat harass by sending unsolicited dick pics

7. Corsair48

Money:
    18,518⛀
    Well, that probably is true.

AngieOttawa47 and CrystalMarker like this.
  8. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,602⛀
    Depends on people's mood... ive had stuff said about my kids and it was let go cos my boyfriend stood up for me... me personally if i wouldn't say it to your face i wouldn't say it here... but i back my own and im not back down !! Things get heated and then insults start its worse than high school

9. Corsair48

Money:
    18,518⛀
    I always liked Robert Mitchum in this scene:

MissLed and CrystalMarker like this.
  10. CrystalMarker

I can whole heartedly agree with you. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face; then you wouldn't say it here.

This is an adult sex site but it seems as though common sense and respect fly out the door for some users when they join sites such as this one.

The hardest part is, is that users of this site can only delete the comments that are left on their profile or block other users from visiting their profile.

What happens when a blocked user targets someone from another user's profile? Sure, that third party can block and delete the posts that are targeted at someone else but what's stopping the offender from repeating that behavior?

Users can hit the ignore button in order to avoid seeing any posts that they find offensive in the forums; but those posts in the forums still exist for hundreds of other users to see.

Users such as myself have been followed from one thread to the next thread to the next thread. I personally feel that such behavior is harassment. We have the ability to report those who are doing the harassing; however, it seems as though little to nothing is done about the reports.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Shmee, MissLed, Dcdevon and 5 others like this.
  11. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    208,042⛀
    Once you ignore/block someone, all of their content becomes invisible to you and harassment ends. If you choose not to ignore/block the user, that's your problem.

If you choose to stalk the user all over the forum and engage in retaliatory harassment, your just as guilty of harassment. As someone pointed out previously, FCN isn't a babysitting service.

If you're getting harassed because of association with someone else who is prodding another user, you need to discuss the situation with the user you're associated with—you can either both block the user or disassociate from each other. This isn't kindergarten. You're adults. Make adult decisions.

If you think above solutions don't apply to you, you're not adulting properly.

If you blocked a user and they circumvent your efforts to block them (they create a new account in order to resume their harassment activities or have someone else carry out their trolling), you can start reporting and we'll see what we can do.

MissLed, LillyK and TacoBelle like this.
  12. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    You say little to nothing is done about reports, but you don't see what we do. We aren't here to mod the drama. We'll use our best judgement and do what we need to do.

13. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,401⛀
    And no. We aren't going to mod all of the ridiculous drama that happens 24/7. This isn't primary school, and Stan and I are not your parents.

14. Corsair48

Money:
    18,518⛀
    On reflection, a few thoughts:

Moderators (admin, management, etc.) are not babysitters, as has been noted. If you have trouble mixing and playing well with people, if you wonder why these things keep happening to you, you may need to take a long look in the mirror.

Having managed my own groups, I can say that it is not always easy. People have high expectations of you, and can make things very difficult for you when you don't measure up to their satisfaction. They are more than happy to tell you how to do your job.

When a member makes a report to a moderator, the mod is supposed to be impartial, but the person reporting is often put off by any effort in that direction. A moderator is often caught in the middle as both parties complain about the other, and make demands.

Now, for the other side:

There are forms of harassment that it is possible be unaware of, at least initially: poisoning the well, gossip, trashing people behind their back. Such behavior can influence how other people interact with the person being targeted -- without their knowledge of said targeting. So, no, harassment does not necessarily end once you block or ignore someone.

Shmee, MissLed, AngieOttawa47 and 2 others like this.
  15. CrystalMarker

I have deleted the quote from the top and I have made the appropriate changes to my post.

Moderators are not babysitters. You have an important role on this site and that role does not involve watching over the users. So, what is your role?

Yes, all of the content becomes invisible to us as an individual user but the harassment doesn't always end; nor does it become invisible to everyone else on the site.

However,
    There are some users that have multiple accounts with which they use to harass users and they are able to create more. I am NOT posting names because I will not be accused of harassment.

This is an adult sex site. But there are many among the masses that see disrespect and harassment taking place and they feel as though it's completely acceptable to copycat because others are allowed to continue these behaviours.

We know that the Moderators are human and that you can only watch just so much.

I've been apart of this site for over a year. I have seen countless acts of harassment ignored because they were done by users that were among the favorites.

I have also seen vulgar comments left on a multitude of pages; all from the same user. I've seen this from both sexes and it leaves me wondering how this behavior can be seen by moderators (that are of the sex that's being harassed) can sleep at night when they are allowing such putrid statements to continue.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  16. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,042⛀
    Mods are here to remove rule infractions, spam, scams, illegal activity and other content of similar nature. Some of that is handled through reports and some is stumbled upon.

Admin part is irrelevant. All admins are moderators.

Already addressed in my previous post.

Already addressed in my previous post.

This is a web site for adults. The sex part simply supports it. Let's not get hasty with labels.

If you can't be specific, don't get into such rhetoric.

The only things to take on are rule infractions. The rest has been addressed in my previous reply.

You're not citing anything. And how do you know whether something is being ignored or not? Are you telling us that you've never seen users suspended from posting for weeks, even a month at a time? You don't see things getting purged? The rest has been addressed in my previous reply.

Already addressed in my previous reply.

17. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,042⛀
    No idea what or who you're referring to.

Yes, people want a concentration camp based on their feelings. This isn't a kindergarten. Anybody who's happy to tell a moderator "how to do their job" has no clue what "the job of a moderator" is.

Moderators are being impartial.

What?

Already addressed.

This is how drama brews. There are no sides. There's no conflict here.

Moderators aren't going to scrutinize every post. Moderators are here to participate, just like you—they just happened to be trusted for rule enforcement.

That's commonly referred to as cliques and drama. Nothing to mod here.

Already addressed in my previous reply.

Rampage_roleplayer_ likes this.
  18. County

County Guest

It really doesn't matter what argument is tried, the simple fact us as long as a user doesn't break any rule of FCN then nothing can be done, no matter how many accounts they are using at once, all you can do is block each account as it sufaces and deal with the matter privately yourself.

No this has not been put here to be pulled apart and answered.

19. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,042⛀
    You're posting in public and contributing to a discussion. Anyone can "pull apart and answer" your post.

If rules aren't broken, everything is kosher and nothing needs to be done—already addressed.

20. County

County Guest

Please yourself what you do with it.

No not everything is kosher if the rules aren't broken, not for the ones that are on the recieving end of months of harrassment that goes under the radar of the rules.

Shmee, MissLed, AngieOttawa47 and 3 others like this.