Why organic agriculture is a colossal hoax

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Stanthropical, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,546⛀
  2. PumpkinPie

PumpkinPie Guest

Funny how people cling to terms like "organic", "homegrown", and "all-natural" for example. Being a country woman, have always been organic without even knowing it and not needing a pretty term to justify it.

Morgana likes this.
  3. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,043⛀
    I work at a garden center. Part of my job is to sell fungicides and insecticides. The trend is everyone wants organic. What they don't realize is the are all chemically produced and are certainly safer than some chemical ones. But not as safe as people think. When people see the safety warnings they go this is supposed to be organic! I say well it is but so is aresenic , sulfur and copper in small doses won't kill you , but you won't feel good if it's ingested. They usually look at me with a blank stare.

JOIJohn likes this.
  4. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,546⛀
    Everything on this planet is a chemical. Your body runs on constant chemical reactions in anoints which are safe and required for us.

As for organic produce, it's classified as organic simply because organic chemicals are being used, instead of synthetic, to protect the crops. In many cases higher volume of organic chemicals need to be used in order to protect weaker, "non-GMO" crops from bugs and disease. Crop loss is still higher, more prevalent and more people need to be hired to take care of it all. The end result is higher cost.

Unnecessary "luxury" in a 1st first world country. As useless as rare caviar. A scam.

5. JOIJohn

JOIJohn New Member

Money:
    122⛀
    I was gonna go mental, but I read your post again and discovered that I agree with you. I've kept a few practices but have turned to attracting more ladybirds/hoverflies etc than there are pests, it works just as well.

6. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

I'm a big believer in organic meat and dairy products. Factory farming is pretty awful. I try to stay away from estrogen being a man and all.

7. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,546⛀
    What is the point of what you just typed?

8. KingDavid

KingDavid Buzzword vendor

My point? Organic agriculture - in the case of meat, eggs, milk, cheese and butter - is not a scam.

As a man you should be concerned with estrogen intake. Antibiotics. Overall less nutrient-dense meat. Sometimes they feed animals a corn diet which gives them fatty liver disease, very terrible in comparison to wild caught fish or free range/organic, etc.