Cars and car advise.

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Kris1973, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Being a bit of a petrol head, I don't hide my love of cars, but sometimes car advise is needed. Any questions people have and answers etc will be appriciated and rewarded. Ok no reward . I will start.

mostafa34 likes this.
  2. Kris1973

Right has any of my US friends know, driven or own/owned the new jeep boxy renegade Screenshot_20181024-104040_Google.jpg
    My daughter is wanting one on her 21st and to be honest I have no idea if they are any good. Weather to drive, problems, build quality etc. Any advise would be great.

witchygirl likes this.
  3. witchygirl

witchygirl Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,602⛀
    No idea but she has good taste.... looks bad ass !!!

Kris1973 likes this.
  4. Kris1973

It looks good in pic and that's the colour she wants.

witchygirl likes this.
  5. BullshitDetector

BullshitDetector Well-Known Member FCN Regular

only thing i could tell you is that she'll be safer in that then any car if in an accident as crumple zones direct the people up and out of danger zones. that point alone makes it a yes. my old boss had one and i never heard him complain or breakdown

Kris1973 likes this.
  6. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    208,022⛀
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    CosmicGypsy92 and Kris1973 like this.
  7. Kris1973

Thanks for that didn't realise it was made in Italy, I suggested she has a Audi q1 or q2 but she likes the boxy rugged look, fine by me jeeps cheaper.

8. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,022⛀
  9. Kris1973

They appear to be assembled in about 4 countries. Taking her to dealership for a test drive.

10. Silk-BG

Silk-BG Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Drove this a couple of times, once for a full week. Gotta admit hated it and I've insisted on another suv type if I've been allocated since.

I'm only talking about the drive and comfort here. If it's sutv type styling I think you can get better bang for your buck over here in the UK.

Kris1973 likes this.
  11. Kris1973

She's also been talking about the new Suzuki Jimmy thats out early next year
    Screenshot_20181026-072101_Google.jpg
    Similar looks but only 2 door option, think it's a love it or hate it moment.

mostafa34 likes this.
  12. KingEros

KingEros Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    6,340⛀
    I was going to say that isn’t s fair assessment, but then I thought about it. I think, as far as the wrangler style, and what they’re intended to be, I’ve found them very reliable with awesome resale value. I’ve owned tons of jeeps, most in that style. Only two that weren’t. I had a Liberty and a Cherokee. I never had a problem out of them honestly but I would not classify them like I would the CJ.

13. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,022⛀
    Half the crap didn’t work in my ‘96 GC Limited. Front diff blew up for no apparent reason. Constant trans problems. Sloppy drivetrain.

Trans problems in ‘05 GC Limited. Starter problems. CAS went bad. Windsfiled needee to be replaced because of rain sensor fail. Liftgate glass problems. Other issues I’ve repressed...

Warped brake rotors before 3,000 miles. Proximity sensor/keyless entry/push-start was constant fail. iPod integration fail. Trans quirky. Dumped it before I got too annoyed with it.

‘00 TJ was a joke all around.

‘08 JK plastics falling off everywhere, ESP gets triggered on low speed left turns when cold, motor blew before 60k.

‘15 JK, throwout bearing rattling before 15k, shifter fell off, plastics falling off... Windshield mysteriously cracked just from sitting in the garage for a moth (I don’t know what to make of that one, puzzled af).

Either I have bad luck (I don’t believe in bad luck) or Chrysler products are low-quality and unreliable.

I don’t understand the resale value with all these problems either and it seems like the “high resale value” applies only to retail price. When you trade it in, you get fucked all the same as with other cars.

14. KingEros

KingEros Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    6,340⛀
    Like I said, I’ve mostly owned wranglers, the only issues I’ve ever had were ones I caused myself by doing stupid shit.
    As far as resale, I just sold a 95’ wrangler, w/ 4 cyl. Rusted out, ROUGH, got $3500 for it. People like them, they’ll pay.

15. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,022⛀
    Jimmy looks better, but Jeep is probably eqsier to live with. Although, young people need more doors for all of their friends.

16. Kris1973

That's what i say, it's raining and you are standing outside waiting for your friends to climb in. Going to wait till next year when jimney is released. Have planty of time she's not 21 til june.

17. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,022⛀
  18. Stanthropical

Money:
    208,022⛀
    Have you considered a 2-3yr old car for a person of that age? I know I wasn’t a very careful with driving at that age. Everything is less costly with a vehicle that’s not new. You could pribsvly find one that’s low-mileage, in excellent shape, with a balance of factory warranty.

19. Kris1973

A lot of the small suvs are too car like and she's hooked on the boxy rugged style, the new land rover defender comes 2019 I think out but damn expenaive

20. Kris1973

She's hell bent in the new jimney now so just waiting for a demonstrator to arrive so she can test drive it.