Data storage - Private message images

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow Help & Support' started by cute_girl, Jun 20, 2018.

1. cute_girl

cute_girl New Member

Money:
    11⛀
    Hi there,

In the past, a few guys have asked me to send them some "private" photos of myself through private messages. I'm don't mind sharing those images through private messages, but it's not clear to me what gets saved on your servers. I don't really what my private photos saved on your servers. Are images sent through PMs saved somewhere on your servers?

Thanks!

Danzig likes this.
  2. Danzig

Danzig Active Member FCN Regular

Money:
    3,569⛀
    PM

3. Thongs10069

Thongs10069 New Member

Can I PM you ??

4. Bgonzo

Bgonzo New Member

Money:
    10⛀
    Let's trade pics

5. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,441⛀
    Fordal and Lakeside like this.
  6. BastardByBirth

BastardByBirth New Member

Money:
    4,032⛀
    She wants to know what the site servers are doing with her pictures... Did you have an answer for her only question?
    She said she's comfortable sharing her pics with the guys who asked and she didn't ask what they were doing with them.... and I'm sure she appreciates your telling her that she should be concerned about sharing with strangers because who knows what they do with her pics...she probably would've more appreciated an answer to her question.
    Don't you know if her images are saved on your server? And if you didn't know, couldn't you have said "I don't know, let me try to find out"
    I guess giving her a link to terms of use.. which may or may not answer her question is the same as saying "I don't know, read this, good luck" without actually saying it!

TokeyPokeyChokey likes this.
  7. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,441⛀
  8. xyzrp

xyzrp Well-Known Member FCN Regular

https://www.freechatnow.com/legal/privacy-policy

9. TokeyPokeyChokey

TokeyPokeyChokey Active Member

Money:
    875⛀
    I use to work in computer security, the easy answer is, if you share it online, you must assume that your photos can and may be shared to other parties. Whether the photos are stored on this server or not, should be the 2nd worry, not the first.

If you must share photos, just take them in a way that your identity is protected, and you may also consider watermarking so others don't create some whore identity of you online or something. I've seen it happen many times.

If I were to share a private photo, I would do it, have fun if you like, just be cautious and don't just share with anyone.

Busty_Nerd likes this.
  10. Dopeboy2

Dopeboy2 New Member

Money:
    5⛀

11. oldmann50

oldmann50 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    5,417⛀
    so when you have private conversations with others are they all logged etc

12. TokeyPokeyChokey

TokeyPokeyChokey Active Member

Money:
    875⛀
    Regardless what admins can or can't do, yes everything is always logged everywhere you go online. Now if that is an issue or not really depends on the website's privacy policy. Remember there is also backups that record data as well. It is just part of computer functions and it is common in any network, especially social media.

Should you paranoid? I dont think you should be. But you should be shrewd anyway--this is the internet.

oldmann50 likes this.
  13. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,441⛀
    Lol.

How many of you are aware that the user who started this thread is a scammer?

14. xyzrp

xyzrp Well-Known Member FCN Regular

:eek:
    Well, dang it

15. Dogowar

Dogowar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

16. i_want_nudes

i_want_nudes New Member

Money:
    0⛀
    whos female