Good reads

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by KrakenJokes, Jul 15, 2019.

1. KrakenJokes

KrakenJokes New Member

Money:
    122⛀
    Howdy all,
    I love reading. Maybe it's just that I love the fact that there are two distinct parts to it; consciously seeing the words on a page that tell a story, and when you forget the symbols on the page and it flows like an imaginary movie.
    I wanted to see what books y'all love, and to share some of my favorites. All genres welcome, audiobooks too (I guess).
    I've been a big fan of ebooks recently, and have been using the app Lithium (Android only I think) because it's free, adless, and has some annotation tools and different fonts. Others may be better but I'd love to try ones you recommend.

The series I'm reading right now is The Expanse, by James S. A. Corey. It's a sci fi set when humans have colonized out to the asteroid belt. Political, actioney, and edge of your seat anticipation. There's eight books in the series so far, with the ninth set to release later this year. It's also a series (3 seasons so far) on Amazon prime. The first three books are very well followed by the show if that's more your speed.

Sorry for the long post, I look forward to reading your recommendations!

2. KrakenJokes

KrakenJokes New Member

Money:
    122⛀
    The Expanse books:
    Leviathan Wakes,
    Caliban's War,
    Abbadon's Gate,
    Cibola Burn,
    Nemesis Games,
    Babylon's Ashes,
    Persepolis Rising,
    Tiamat's Wrath

Demi_x likes this.
  3. Demi_x

Demi_x Weirdo FCN Regular

Money:
    3⛀
    I'm a big fan of short stories...

The Horla - Guy De Maupassant
    works by machado de assis
    Anton Chekhov

4. Lakeside

Lakeside Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    112,921⛀
    It warms the cockles of a writer's heart every time he/she sees someone say, they enjoy reading.
    It makes the days/weeks/months/years spent writing them all worthwhile.
    (Oh, and the royalties)

Thank you, good people.

Ls x

KrakenJokes likes this.