Guilty Pleasures

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by Calazviel, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Calazviel

Calazviel Guest

Is there a piece of art be it film, literature, music, etc that was critically maligned that you really enjoy. It could be that you acknowledge that it doesn't necessarily stand in the pantheon of greats when compared to other examples within it's field but it still has a special place for you in your heart. Or it could be you think the critics are darn fools and they got it completely wrong.

Mine has always been the movie Meet Joe Black which I saw in the cinema when it first came out and I have watched it many time and now I only put it on when I need to feel serene and it never fails me in that regard. I love many films, albums, songs and books, but it remains one of the few films that I have a deep seated emotional connection to.

Bennettrose and XxxGABRIELLAxxX like this.
  2. Vey

Vey Guest

Meet Joe Black is one of my fav too. I like the idea of a woman who falls in love with a concept. In the end, faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe. I might go to seek a Great Perhaps one day. There are many other things I love but the list is too long :)

Calazviel likes this.
  3. SeaPaganLady

SeaPaganLady Well-Known Member

Money:
    199,513⛀
    I kind of like Meet Joe Black too and Benjamin Botton is very sad but memorable.

4. SeaPaganLady

Money:
    199,513⛀
    My true guilty pleasures are lingirie and chocolate and cute dresses and black clothing with the perfect heels paired with black or red lipstick and a sexy man or woman.

5. SeaPaganLady

Money:
    199,513⛀
    Edgar Allen Poe and some good mythology along with occult books.

6. Kelsey12

Kelsey12 Well-Known Member

Meet Joe Black did not receive good reviews? I love that movie.

Mine would be Hanson's MmmBop. I absolutely love that song, regardless of how much it's ridiculed.

JustifiedSinner, Calazviel and Jinxy like this.
  7. Goofydude90

Goofydude90 Member

Money:
    284⛀
    Dark chocolate twix

8. xyzrp

xyzrp Well-Known Member FCN Regular

For me it's definitely the TV series Scream Queens.
    I think it's the sheer absurd plot and the fact that no one has been that mean to me ever the way the sorority girls are, is what intrigues me.

Kelsey12 and Calazviel like this.
  9. Samantha000

Samantha000 Well-Known Member

Moyes "Me before you" I always torture myself with the book and the movie, I love Clark character! and I cry insanely always... even when I know everything... is a disaster for me...

I'm not into depression for romantic films, but this one is beyond that!

And I refuse to continue reading the serie... i keep torturing me with the first book and only movie! [​IMG]

10. Jinxy

Jinxy Guest

I just watched this the other night. ... not normally a movie I would enjoy but sitting alone drinking wine it truly got to me Xx

11. Samantha000

Quite a masterpiece!

Jinxy likes this.
  12. Sixgunner

Sixgunner New Member

Money:
    60⛀
    One of my guilty pleasures has to be Tank Girl

Calazviel and Kelsey12 like this.
  13. Samantha000

I am watching VH1 CLASSICS and I could watch it for hours... and sometimes dance!

Calazviel and Dogowar like this.
  14. Dogowar

Dogowar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

A quiet night in listening to Nina Simone while reading something and A good wine ;)

Bennettrose and Samantha000 like this.
  15. Calazviel

Calazviel Guest

Nina Simone is a goddess not a guilty pleasure

16. Samantha000

I could just enjoy Nina Simone and wine... can't focus in a lecture with that woman!

Dogowar likes this.
  17. Dogowar

Dogowar Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Well it could be my plan for this evening so if you feel like joining in then by all means please do ;)

18. Calazviel

Calazviel Guest

19. PermanentMidnight

PermanentMidnight Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    1,403⛀
    I still watch Power Rangers.