Idea for new chatroom

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow Help & Support' started by Calazviel, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Calazviel

Calazviel Guest

Please don't shoot me down if this idea is unworkable. Just a lot of us in the forums started out in chat and I think would still be open to having a space to chat for that immediacy but in that collective public space.

I know when I started there was a noguest room but there is very little as a barrier to becoming a member in the first place. Was wondering if it would be possible to set up a room for forum regulars with such inclusion based on number of posts as well as a number of months having elapsed since you first signed up as an FCN member.

I think if it is possible technically then it would be a successful addition.

2. CrystalMarker

CrystalMarker Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I could see this working

Yesm01 and Alexa79 like this.
  3. Silk-BG

Silk-BG Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I started out in chat myself but "home" is the forums. And I did use noguest but saw it die a death due to lack of participation and numbers too.

As for your idea, it's an interesting one and probably worth some debate or suggestion at least.

Personally, I rarely use chat these days because they're geared to one thing not a place to simply pass some innocent time. And yes, I know its a sexually oriented site...

CrystalMarker, Yesm01 and Alexa79 like this.
  4. Calazviel

Calazviel Guest

Also if not possible to make access automatic then it could be simply that the regular simply asks a mod to grant them access to use the rule and they can make decision based on the set inclusion criteria

Understand @Silk-BG but by same token that would happen with PMs and not within the wider public space but at least it would be devoid of all that added madness in the open chat rooms, am not saying it would be perfect but at least it would give a space for a chin wag which you don't really get within the forum threads themselves.

Also off site there are regs now using apps which give private room/group functionality which allows them to do just that. Furthermore it you have other iterations for LGBT to give more of a safe space because at the moment all I need to do to circumvent the gender lock is create a new member profile and I can jump in. I just feel FCN might be missing out on a trick that's all.

CrystalMarker and Yesm01 like this.
  5. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,398⛀
    No

6. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    203,623⛀
    #TheLounge will suit your purpose. Certain spammy things are filtered in that channel and barely anybody uses it. You could totally take over that room. Channel permissions based on users' stats would require a specialized API, which someone would have to code--doubt will ever happen.

Various iterations of #LGBT existed (I created and later killed all of them) and they never worked. They all become dick forests.

I'm basically expanding on this:

Because similar requests never end and some of us are tired of them. :p

Calazviel and Dirkthedaring like this.
  7. TacoBelle

TacoBelle Topless Taco Tuesdays! FCN Regular

Money:
    190,398⛀
    Emphasis on that last part.

8. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

What about a little 'chat box' on the top of the forum main page ? Where only registered members could chat.
    There are a lot of forums with that. And we could chat among 'forum people', which is hard to do on the differents chat rooms.

Just a thought. :)
    And sorry if it had alrealdy been suggested.

9. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,623⛀
    Maybe owners will consider it in the future. Who knows. Meanwhile, you can resize two different windows side-by-side, one for chat, one for forums—they'll behave like mobile screens once resized so (this applies to PC users only).

lexireek likes this.
  10. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

Oh, good idea ! Thank you. :)

lexireek likes this.
  11. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,623⛀
    Giving this a go. #FCNForumChat

Sarah_100 likes this.
  12. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

Great !!! :D:D

Just a little thing, shouldn't the guest be unauthorized, since it's a room for members ?

13. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,623⛀
    No. Not all regular users want to stay logged in and some users might want to get to know forums users before registering.

14. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

Okay, i understand.

15. Sarah_100

Sarah_100 Guest

Ohh, yes. That's a good idea. :)

16. Z-PhD

Z-PhD Active Member

Money:
    1,736⛀
    Cams should automatically start rolling when entering the Cam Chat.

EDIT: Give a big warning first, of course.

17. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,623⛀
    I needed content somehow. You happened to be there.

>.>
    <.<

18. Stanthropical

Money:
    203,623⛀
    What does that have to do with this thread? And how would that not be invasion of privacy and violation of videotaping laws?

UnsaintedCali likes this.
  19. Z-PhD

Z-PhD Active Member

Money:
    1,736⛀
    You might be right for the law thing. This is 2019 after all.

20. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,479⛀
    Also nobody is obligated to show themselves on cam. Some like the anonymity and some like to keep their safety and privacy

UnsaintedCali likes this.