Music! who do you listen to? ♪♫♬

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by Gem, Dec 8, 2016.

1. I prefer classic rock, a lot of metal, and hard rock.

A lot of Clapton, The Beatles, Queen, Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, SRV, Metallica, Janice Joplin. As far as “newer” music goes.. Breaking Benjamin and Nothing More.

LilaKay8 and Hubby_Home_Alone like this.
  2. I listen to almost everything, but I’m most drawn to 90s alternative, classic rock, and old standards (think Nat King Cole). But I’m almost annoyingly eclectic in my musical tastes.

Hubby_Home_Alone likes this.
  3. Lamar56

Lamar56 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    199,516⛀
    I think you would like Mel Carter 's Hold Me , Kiss Me , Thrill Me .
    You should youtube it !!

MadameCharlotte likes this.
  4. CLASSIC ROCK - only stations programmed on my car radio...

HideousAttraction likes this.
  5. Classic rock is the best. Musicians now days don’t feel the music. It lacks passion. That is why it isn’t good.

LilaKay8 and Hubby_Home_Alone like this.
  6. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    Artist today sound too electronic today !!! Or are screamers !!!

HideousAttraction likes this.
  7. Exactly.
    I’m not fully against screaming, because I do enjoy certain sub genres of metal, but you are right. Most bands are like Backstreet Boys with guitars. No real meaning behind the music.

8. Clapton is God

LilaKay8 likes this.
  9. He is so amazing live. Clapton is what drove me to start playing guitar at a very young age. He’s godly with that guitar.

Hubby_Home_Alone likes this.
  10. Lamar56

Money:
    199,516⛀
    I do not listen to Rap , Hip Hop or Opera !!!

11. You like Classic Rock, you play guitar, and you're a smoking hot fox?

Geez - how do you keep the guys away?
    ;)

12. Classic rock is the way to go. I play 8 instruments. Once you learn one, the rest is pretty easy. I keep the guys away by telling them I have a dick lol.

13. Hilarious

14. wh1skeySwagger

wh1skeySwagger Well-Known Member FCN Regular

i listen to just about everything that actually involves the physical playing of instruments, but really have a love for this in its purest form

singer songwriter Americana, songs about things people can relate to written by people you can relate to its just a shame you wont here it on the radio

some one said musicians today don't feel the music, i think it would be better to say the majority of musicians that get radio play dont feel the music

i believe you would be hard pressed to listen to folks such as Ryan Bingham, John Moreland, Mandolin Orange, or Jason Isbell and make a statement like that.

there is plenty of great music being created everyday you just need to know where to look

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    LilaKay8 and Bennettrose like this.
  15. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

Let's see:

The last 10 artists I listened to are...

Magic Pie, Big Big Train, Frost, Haken, Metallica, Queen, Yes, Level 42, Miles Davis and Dire Straits

An eclectic mix of brilliance is the order of the day for me.

16. Wales4Ever

Wales4Ever Guest

I agree, and also when you have certain people dictating what is and isn't allowed on the radio then it puts those talented unknowns at a major disadvantage.

wh1skeySwagger likes this.
  17. Alex_AD

Alex_AD Guest

Getting handed one of these in primary school was actually an L. I’m not a prick pass me the drums
    IMG_9156.JPG

Yesm01 likes this.
  18. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular

Money:
    8,712⛀
    80s Clapton was the best!

Yesm01 likes this.
  19. Meatycock

Meatycock Guest

20. Autonomous

Autonomous The Village Clown FCN Regular