Playstation VR

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Kelsey12, Dec 7, 2017 at 6:25 PM.

1. Kelsey12

Kelsey12 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have one that can recommend games? I'm getting one for Christmas (actually, it's already been got, but I gotta wait), and I need games to go with it. Everything I've read online is wishy-washy... some say good; some say bad. I downloaded Until Dawn because it was free, and the package comes with VR Worlds. That's all I've got, that I know of.

Thankee Sai

2. DamianaMinx

DamianaMinx Well-Known Member

Money:
    4,823⛀
    - Star Trek Bridge crew is fantastic and hilerious, but it's better with mates.
    - Skryim would be amazing fun
    - Doom if you want to get the heart racing

Kelsey12 likes this.
  3. Kelsey12

Kelsey12 Well-Known Member

I looked at Doom. I'm not much of a shoot & kill kinda girl, but the heart racing part of it got me interested. I tried playing the non-VR version of Skyrim, but it lost me early into the game. I'll take a look at Star Trek.

Much thanks. :)

4. DamianaMinx

Money:
    4,823⛀
    To be honest, I think even I would be a little freaked out with Doom and jump scares. I have a terrible habit of pulling the VR mask away from me a bit if I'ms cared so I don't feel as immersed hahaha

Shame re Skyrim- amazing game, but it is a huge world.

Star trek example for a laugh:

Kelsey12 likes this.
  5. heinzfred

heinzfred Member

Money:
    1,884⛀
    Is VR really worth it ?

DamianaMinx likes this.
  6. DamianaMinx

Money:
    4,823⛀
    Well, I’m biased since I create VR content, but I certainly think it’s the future of entertainment.

heinzfred likes this.
  7. heinzfred

heinzfred Member

Money:
    1,884⛀
    I have tried some cheap ones with my phone,and it gave me a headache maybe the real deal would not make me feel this way

8. DamianaMinx

Money:
    4,823⛀
    They do take some adaptation. I remember the first time we ran a trial scene and when I walked down stairs in VR I almost vomited. Now I can sit through a 360 rollercoaster video with no issues and I’m not even controlling that. But even dedicated gamers admit after a bit they need a break with certain games. Cheaper versions are not great with the resolution issues on top.

heinzfred likes this.
  9. heinzfred

heinzfred Member

Money:
    1,884⛀
    I might have to give it another shot for sure the one I tried as you mention was pretty cheap and really blurry def not the best for a first try hehe

DamianaMinx likes this.
  10. DamianaMinx

Money:
    4,823⛀
    Yeah, give it another go. Without something like the Razorith movement pad, VR games are still working on movement around levels, but how far they have come is impressive still. It’s tech still in process. Hopefully your next experience is better!

heinzfred likes this.
  11. heinzfred

heinzfred Member

Money:
    1,884⛀
    Oh yeah it sure has come a long way cant wait to see what the future holds for VR

DamianaMinx likes this.
  12. Kris1973

Kris1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    21,000⛀
    We use Vr as training aids at work but it side my head in but it's amazing, our r&d depts in us have been using and developing AR (argumented reality) and VR for training and control systems, the matrix is on its way.

heinzfred and DamianaMinx like this.
  13. DamianaMinx

Money:
    4,823⛀
    VR/AR training protocols are really cool and great next step on business interactive. Ender’s Game is here!

Kris1973 likes this.
  14. Kris1973

Money:
    21,000⛀
    Not as far away as you think, have you ever high fived some 6 thousand miles away it's hilarious you both nearly fall over..

DamianaMinx likes this.
  15. DamianaMinx

Money:
    4,823⛀
    Hahaha! I think it’s really amazing how well we can trick our brains into simulating body reactions even though we know it’s not real. Reminds me of the phantom arm pain experiments with the mirror. It’s going to be interesting to see what we can do with such a convincing placebo for the unconscious mind.

Kris1973 likes this.
  16. Kris1973

Money:
    21,000⛀
    After using this for several hours it is bloody exhausting need regular brakes/ reality checks. I can also use a normal screen and run through things in pr partial reality where only 1 person needs to be in it . Great for close training.

DamianaMinx likes this.
  17. DamianaMinx

Money:
    4,823⛀
    How interesting, I haven’t heard the term Partial Reality (PR) used before. It’s a good term.

18. Kris1973

Money:
    21,000⛀
    Mainly used for real time training where the trainee sees a real object, say a control module on a drone and he can wirk on it live and the trainer (me) can we see what he sees on a normal screen and use virtual tools to show what ever needs to her seen really clever stuff also being developed so in field repairs can be carried out remotely.

DamianaMinx and heinzfred like this.
  19. heinzfred

heinzfred Member

Money:
    1,884⛀
    Now that's amazing

20. DamianaMinx

Money:
    4,823⛀
    Brilliant. Does your equipment convert the fisheye lensing from VR live with little delay?