Unable to change profile picture

Discussion in 'FreeChatNow Help & Support' started by ExperiencedDom, Aug 8, 2018.

1. ExperiencedDom

ExperiencedDom New Member

Everytime I try to upload a new profile pic it re uploads my current/old one, regardless of what picture I choose from my phone.. .. I've cleared cache, tried a different browser, reset phone etc... Left is 3 or 4 days and it's still doing the same.... Any help or info would be much appreciated thanks, ED

2. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,837⛀
    I cleared your avatar. Try uploading a new one.

3. ExperiencedDom

Same thing unfortunately :/

4. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,837⛀
    Is "delete current" selected when you upload?

5. ExperiencedDom

Yes

6. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,837⛀
    Sysadmin will look into this.

7. vitriolicv

vitriolicv Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    119,888⛀
    We've passed your issue along to sysadmins and will be looking into this as possibly a wider-reaching problem. Try again tomorrowish after we've been able to look into this more thoroughly.

8. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    Discussed with sysadmin a little further. Confirmed that avatar uploads are working here on the forums. The thing is, they will not update in the CHAT until about 24 hours after the change. Avatars are cached server-side as a bandwidth saving feature. So, if that is what you are talking about specifically -- you change your avatar on the forums, but it does not update in chat -- that's what is happening.

9. vitriolicv

Money:
    119,888⛀
    We've also just repaired a potentially related database glitch, but can't say whether this could affect users being unable to update avatars yet. You can give it another shot and tell me, though, because I can't reproduce the problem.

10. KoreanKitty

KoreanKitty Member

Money:
    53⛀
    Oh I had a friend also suffering from the avatar issue. Looks like you might have recently fixed it since it was fixed around same time you posted.

Is it possible to also add PNG avatars for PNG uploads?

11. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,837⛀
    PNG works fine.

12. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,837⛀
    Selecting "delete current image" will delete your avatar and leave you with nothing.

13. KoreanKitty

KoreanKitty Member

Money:
    53⛀
    My avatar was supposed to be PNG, but it got converted to JPEG when it got uploaded here. So it's no longer transparent like it's supposed to be. I was wondering if it can remain PNG after upload so transparency is preserved.

14. Stanthropical

Money:
    209,837⛀
    Forum is probably designed to use the format which is easier to work with.

15. ExperiencedDom

Only just seen the replies sorry.... Just tried again and it's fixed.... Thankyou very much everyone!