Whats your favorite movie?

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by ShhhHeDoesntKnow, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Keira

Keira Well-Known Member FCN Regular

GOONIES!!! Yes!

Tdp06, TallulahBlue and Jinxy like this.
  2. TallulahBlue

TallulahBlue Well-Known Member

Money:
    23,015⛀
    I already gave my favorite movie, but I see A LOT of movies. So as the Oscars near, I will just highly recommend my favorite of all the movies released last year.

[​IMG]

The Florida Project is stunning from beginning to end. It is the highly emotional and deeply moving story about one summer in the life of 6-year old Moonee and her troubled and rebellious (but ultimately loving) young mother, Halley. Poverty stricken, they live on the fringes of society in a seedy motel and often don't know where their next meal will come from. It is heartbreaking as Halley's poor choices conflict with the pure love she has for her daughter.

I had hoped this movie would be recognized by the Academy when Oscar nominations were announced, but it garnered only a single nomination, Best Supporting Actor Willem Defoe, who is absolutely brilliant as the motel manager. It should have scored a lot more nominations than that.

If you like movies that are emotionally affecting, or movies that contain performances by actors that are perfect for the part, I highly recommend The Florida Project. You won't soon forget it.

Jinxy likes this.
  3. Tdp06

Tdp06 Sneaky French Fry FCN Regular

Money:
    102,753⛀
    Dracula.
    Fight club.
    Snatch,***** stars to me.
    Madison bridge.

Alex_AD likes this.
  4. Tdp06

Tdp06 Sneaky French Fry FCN Regular

Money:
    102,753⛀
    Guess what? Snatch on tv tonight! Yes!

5. DRK32F

DRK32F New Member

Money:
    39⛀
    Into the Wild

CosmicGypsy92 likes this.
  6. Alex_AD

Alex_AD Guest

This ain't my favourite movie but it's up there. It's a good laugh

7. Alex_AD

Alex_AD Guest

Right, I'm ready for all the hate that's gonna come my way now lmao. Call me 'girly' or whatever lol but I loved it

8. FallenFreya

FallenFreya Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Willow
    Drive
    Bridget Jones
    Heat

My list could go on.

Kris1973 likes this.
  9. Ichy

Ichy New Member

Money:
    161⛀
    The Road

Room 1408

Geralds game

Akira

Children of Men

Any film Park Chan-Wok ever did (he did the original Oldboy from southkorea) try I saw the devil or Sympathy for mister vengeance

Mr Nobody

Memento

Donnie Darko

Snowpiercer

Paprika

The List goes on. I Would swear my dong on each of these films to be a masterpiece.

10. Ichy

Ichy New Member

Money:
    161⛀
    What else is in you Sci-Fi List? That stuff is always hard to find.

11. Curvy

Curvy Guest

Hmm...this is a toughie! Silence of the Lambs is up there! Was so well-written. And I live the chemistry between Lecter and Clarice. It’s a great love story, you know! Lol. More is made of their relationship in the actual book.

12. BoozeNSmokes

BoozeNSmokes Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,283⛀
    Nostalgia/Childhood favorite that's persisted: The Lion King

Recent favorite: Sanjuro

All time, it's quite difficult to pick just one.