Programming languages

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by BillC, Oct 21, 2018.

1. BillC

BillC Active Member FCN Regular

Is anyone here into operating systems networking and how it works? Or writes any programs? C,C++, or web script programming like HTML or JSON related stuff?

2. Billy_B

Billy_B Well-Known Member FCN Regular

3. Dev463

Dev463 New Member

Money:
    0⛀
  4. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,479⛀
  5. Emmaxy

Emmaxy New Member

Money:
    3⛀
    I know html and css

Stanthropical and BillC like this.
  6. BillC

I learned some html long ago. It's changed a lot since then. CSS. I never got into. XML might be interesting IDK. That's all browser stuff though. ;)

Stanthropical likes this.
  7. bladez234

bladez234 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

I know a little html css and python. Some markdown too. Learned bits of SQL and bits of R as well.

Stanthropical and BillC like this.
  8. BillC

What would you use R for ? I don't think Ruby is that popular. The guy that wrote it wrote objective C then left it. SQL isn't that for databases? C/C++ would be for writing the databases. I like POSIX systems anyway. UNIX, linux, minix.

9. SexyAsianBitch

SexyAsianBitch Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

Money:
    57,479⛀
    Ruby on the Rails is the backbone of Twitter

Sindy_2525 likes this.
  10. bladez234

bladez234 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

R is useful for data manipulation and visualization.

Sarah_1964 and Sindy_2525 like this.
  11. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    203,623⛀
    I started messing around with COBOL in high school (was oddly part of curriculum), then pursued networking & systems hardware specialization in college and started messing around with html+JavaScript. Lost interest in all of that and found more money elsewhere, unrelated to what I've pursued.

Today, I don't remember any coding, because I've never delved deep enough into any of it and I've been reduced to basic string manipulation, Popup editing and phrase detection in chat via junky IRC scripts.

Sindy_2525 likes this.
  12. BillC

I never liked at&t assembly syntax. Intel I think is better. I looked at simpler 16 bit assembly using INT and IRQ. Basic was the first language I learned and had an 8 bit calculator like "PC". It was basically a basic interpreter with an expansion pack to 16k of memory.

13. Boring52

Boring52 Member FCN Regular

Get a $8 dollar Node MCU and the free Arduino IDE and play around in command line C. The ESP8266 has more power than your calculator plus WIFI. you can even program it thru an LUA interface.

BillC likes this.
  14. BillC

I took a look at that I didn't see and C functions. Definitely an API. Where would you plug it in? Is there a CLI ? An Operating system ?

15. ChocolateVinny

ChocolateVinny Well-Known Member FCN Regular

C# , SQL. I’ve been intrigued by Python lately but don’t seem to have time to pursue it.

BillC likes this.
  16. Sindy_2525

Sindy_2525 Member

Money:
    264⛀
    Client or server side scripting ?

I know HTML , css , JavaScript [and it’s sisters sails.js , angular js (7) ] , ionic [hybrid development ] , mysql , node.js and java .

Therod2907 and RoxSta like this.
  17. Sindy_2525

Sindy_2525 Member

Money:
    264⛀
    Interested in Swift and react .

Python too , since I’m interested in deep learning (ML) . Comes in handy if you are using some BI tools

Therod2907 and RoxSta like this.
  18. Sindy_2525

Sindy_2525 Member

Money:
    264⛀
    And what do you mean JSON related stuff ? Isn’t that just a notation . It is used by miscroservice developers a lot of they are playing with postman and testing it .. and front end developers when they consume said APIs .

19. Programming languages?
    oh wow...
    I have never been more turned on than I am right now...
    ;)

Sarah_1964 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. BillC

JS object notation.