living in a matrix

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Casval-Blue, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Casval-Blue

Casval-Blue New Member

Money:
    2,419⛀
    Your thoughts on living in a matrix ruled by complex yet efficient algorithms ?

2. Billy_B

Billy_B Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Simulated reality could be possible and I suppose the algorithms work out mathematically but do the equations suit the subject

3. fortysomething

fortysomething Active Member

As long as the algorithms operate on a stochiometric model and not a deterministic model. I couldn't live in a matrix that runs on rails or decision trees. I want a little messy randomness to be built into the model.

CosmicGypsy92 likes this.
  4. Billy_B

My brain hurts

CosmicGypsy92 likes this.
  5. CosmicGypsy92

CosmicGypsy92 Well-Known Member FCN Regular

The first thought that came across my mind was Solipsism. What is the past? A memory. The constraints of the algorithm are based on ideas passed on over time. The algorithms are complex, yet efficient. All you know are the sensations that enter your mind. The sensations you receive are all consistent with an external universe that follows certain physical laws, but that is no proof that the universe is independent of your mind.
    Hmm.. also I think 'Order-Chaos', 'Yin-Yang' go hand in hand. Now, speaking of order and chaos we gotta consider quantum physics and the relevant principles as well... Lol.. too much to think about. I need some Tea for this..

fortysomething likes this.
  6. Vey

Vey Guest

Anything outside your own mind is unsure, so take care :p Chaotic systems can be considered to have a highly complex order. It's all about unpredictability . But I agree with Billy, my brain hurts atm, it's week end, let's have a tea :D

fortysomething and CosmicGypsy92 like this.
  7. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    I can't fucking wait to learn Kung Fu!

Heidiwil likes this.
  8. jct8200

jct8200 Member FCN Regular

Money:
    267⛀
    Ill pass, thank you
    [​IMG]

Billy_B likes this.
  9. Billy_B

im in trouble if the apps are spying

PervGirl_AP_taboo likes this.
  10. Stanthropical

Stanthropical De̸͍̺̺̓̾m̶̶̶ͫͫod̶̶̶ͩͩu̶̶̶ͧͧLaᴛ̶̶ⷮo̵̢̦̟͋̾̓r

Money:
    209,812⛀
    Apps are indeed spying.

PervGirl_AP_taboo and Heidiwil like this.
  11. SeaPaganLady

SeaPaganLady Well-Known Member

Money:
    199,513⛀
    I'am embarrassed to admit that I'am a Matrix Head I just wish that they have lots of cool special effects and changed some things plus Neo is really hot.

12. SeaPaganLady

SeaPaganLady Well-Known Member

Money:
    199,513⛀
    I love how they danced in the third movie or was it the 4th one never mind I have not seen these movies in ages so sorry.