Android Boxes or Firestick

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by freetittyinspections, Jan 22, 2019.

1. freetittyinspections

freetittyinspections Well-Known Member

Money:
    22,426⛀
    Just looking for some info. Wondering which is the better way to go. I have a Firestick coming today from Amazon and am hoping I made the right decision. Does anyone else have one of these, and your thoughts on the matter... Would be highly appreciated...

2. Lupine

Lupine Guest

I have a fire stick. Been using it about 6-8months now.

Took a little setting up with updates but it's been fine.

freetittyinspections likes this.
  3. freetittyinspections

Money:
    22,426⛀
    Thanks, Lupine for the quick reply! Are you able to get normal TV as I would get on my satellite? Love to be able to cancel my satellite. But need to get local news, hockey,, and certain shows I watch most nights!

4. Lupine

Lupine Guest

Not in the UK I can't. I'm not sure how it works in the US. It connects in through WiFi so it's going to depend on what you have access to there.

I have mine in a room that has no TV connection and it only gets used for Netflix, YouTube.

5. freetittyinspections

Money:
    22,426⛀
    Thanks, Buddy, and do YOU use a VPN with yours?

6. Lupine

Lupine Guest

I don't know it just goes straight out.

7. freetittyinspections

Money:
    22,426⛀
    Thanks for your input Buddy... Have a GREAT day!!

8. Lupine

Lupine Guest

And you as well :)

9. realityman

realityman New Member

Money:
    51⛀
    I have Roku at my business and firestick at the house they both have their advantages and disadvantages. I do have to reboot firestik more often.

10. updowncharm

updowncharm New Member

Money:
    121⛀
    With both the missing thing is a linked touchscreen. I have an android box and love it. However, its tiny memory sucks. If you purchase one, go big on memory and clock. Or you won't be able to install all the apps you'd want, and run heavier stuff.

11. Silk-BG

Silk-BG Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Firestick - Which you can update with other apps which is what it's primarily used for .... does the job.

12. freetittyinspections

Money:
    22,426⛀
    Thanks, Buddy, Got it working pretty good.. Now just looking for an APK for British TV...

Dogowar and Silk-BG like this.
  13. Male_uk

Male_uk Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    11,128⛀
    2nd gen firestick owner. And yes I use a VPN on mine, there are some legit freeview apps that cover some of the terrestrial channels but they also have a subscription service so you can get some of the premium services.

But since you've asked about a VPN I gather legit isn't the road you are looking for ;)