Anybody in here a POP CULTURE geek? Into Marvel movies/shows?

Discussion in 'Film, Music, Literature, Art' started by MannyMan, Mar 18, 2018.

1. SeaPaganLady

SeaPaganLady Well-Known Member

Money:
    199,513⛀
    Yes I'am naughty cutie.

2. SeaPaganLady

Money:
    199,513⛀
    I want Venom and The Lizard Man From Spiderman all to bad little myself.

3. Chefwithabs

Chefwithabs Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Sounds like you want to go to a comicon after party and get laid LOL

4. SeaPaganLady

Money:
    199,513⛀
    In high school I was known as The Nerd Mobile because nerds would ride me along with rockers and bad boys lol.

5. Chefwithabs

Nice

6. SeaPaganLady

Money:
    199,513⛀
    Thanks good looking maybe you can be my bad boy some time hot stuff so message me you know where to find me baby???

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  7. Chefwithabs

Lol love to but I’m not much of a bad boy and I’m taken. Flattered though.

8. SeaPaganLady

Money:
    199,513⛀
    It's okay darling I understand sweetie.

9. Chefwithabs

Always like making new friends though. I’ll talk comics anytime

MannyMan likes this.
  10. Chefwithabs

Just binged the crap out of Netflix and finished all the marvel shows. Punisher was amazing! Jessica jones season 2 was a little preachy

MannyMan likes this.
  11. CassBlack

CassBlack Member FCN Regular

Money:
    78⛀
    Oh me!! I love Marvel, specially the MCU and the EMH cartoon. Got me shipping Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne ;)

12. MannyMan

MannyMan Well-Known Member

Money:
    17,875⛀
    I’ve heard that, though, I have to admit it didn’t come off to me that way. If anything it set up a great narrative about the limits of friendship and drew a line between envy and love between friends and what some people will do to gain it. Punisher was hands down a mind blowing series, to the very end.

Chefwithabs likes this.
  13. MannyMan

Money:
    17,875⛀
    That’s awesome!!! I do love Marvel anything.... even the Inhuman episodes although to a lesser degree. But the Netflix series and the bigger MCU are just amazing. Hanet is definitely a thing Cass!!! Did you catch their lastest trailer?

CassBlack likes this.
  14. CassBlack

CassBlack Member FCN Regular

Money:
    78⛀
    No I didn't! Do you have a link?

MannyMan likes this.
  15. MannyMan

Money:
    17,875⛀
    Ask and you shall receive, here it is Cass...

CassBlack likes this.
  16. Peacecountry

Peacecountry Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    7,155⛀
    Of the newer stuff that's out there, there's a couple of things that I really enjoy but a lot of it is getting pretty stale now. The special effects have become the only thing holding most of the genre together because the story lines really aren't very good, especially on the DC side. Batman vs. Superman was really not a very good movie imo and Justice League was only marginally better. Wonder Woman was really the first DC installment that I enjoyed since "The Dark Knight".
    As for the Marvel side, the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" was enjoyable and fun but the sequel was lacking to me somewhat. I really like the dark humor of "Deadpool" and I'm hoping it's sequel is as good. I've heard some good things but we shall see. I think X-Men has pretty much run it's course although I did enjoy "Apocolypse" and "Logan". I con't say that I have ever been a fan of Spiderman or the Avengers all that much even back to when I was a kid. I'm also sick of having to see Stan Lee's ugly mug in every Marvel movie, although I realize the cameos are part of his contract.
    But hey, maybe some new director will come along and breathe some new life into the genre like Christopher Nolan did with Batman.

CassBlack and MannyMan like this.
  17. MannyMan

Money:
    17,875⛀
    Agree to a degree PC. The DC flicks have been lacking and at this point can’t hold a candle to the MCU flicks. I think the Thor Ragnarok movie fueled my love of the character in the movies. The Black Panther movie was just amazing and had a great mirror villain to T’Challa’s character. Deadpool and Logan were freaking amazing additions to what I thought I’d never see from a studio like Fox. Hopefully we get another Nolan sequel movie from one of the 2 studios, but in my humble opinion, the Netflix Punisher has gotten very close. It maybe the closest we get at this point but we’ll see. Hopefully the Infinity War will to some degree Blow my mothafu***n’ Mind!!!

18. Chefwithabs

I think JJ just tried to tackle too many issues at once

MannyMan likes this.
  19. MannyMan

Money:
    17,875⛀
    Meh.... that was what so appealing in my opinion, lol

20. Chefwithabs

Either way it was good!