Anyone feel trap in their religion or is still in the closet?...

Discussion in 'Religion' started by PineappleLush25, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Aklover

Aklover New Member

Money:
    1⛀
    n i luv u

2. What is it with gays insecureness ? according to the bible God created Adam and Eve and not Frank and Steve though life evolves and each to their own ,life's to short so bollocks to the anti gay religious Church tossers and all their prudish followers so whether your a girl guy guygirl guyguy girlgirl just have fun and fuck the world as your not fucking the world ,just your partners.

3. AdorkableButch

AdorkableButch Member

Money:
    391⛀
    I came out to my family at 21 I knew when I was around 13 something was different with me as far as attraction to same sex individuals . I waited to come out so long because I was afraid and scared . I think my dad pretty much had an idea about it but let me decide when I was ready . My dad quickly became smooth with it and my mom took a little time . I come from a family that has a christian background/ southern baptist .. I think religion isn't necessarily a bad thing . I think humans are well humans and we just kind of are a breed who needs education growth the desire to learn to be able to not necessarily agree but support another individuals happiness. I've never had t to deal with any backlash from them and I have my own battle with faith but do believe in God but not the typical bible church blah blah. My dad jokes all the time about how I need to find a good lady to settle down with before I come a cat lady lol and I love that bond . I don't put my stuff out there and we've talked about long term if I was in a relationship that lasted more than a year they would be more than willing to meet said significant other however they set that agreement with my sister who is heterosexual because they want to see their kids (me and my sis) have what is best in our lives and I can respect that . I will say always be you and you're never alone there is always someone even if they aren't blood that will see and accept you as family for just being who you naturally are . I hope your life journey treats you well my friend and you continue to reach for the stars

4. Dcdevon

Dcdevon Well-Known Member FCN Regular

Money:
    59,044⛀
    That's so touching! Should be a Life Time special or something. Really it sounds good but is bullshit. You are forgetting the part about how you believe it's ok for gays to be denied basic human rights if a state wants to do so . You are a female Uncle Ruckus . No one should be listening to any advice from you.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    witchygirl likes this.
  5. Jacey85

Jacey85 Member

Money:
    151⛀
    At 13 my dad told me it would be easier for him if I was dead than gay. I suppose that's one reason we haven't spoken in 15 years. Oddly, at that time I was a member of a Southern Evangelical Baptist church in West Virginia. And he an atheist. Now I'm a universalist, married to a gay atheist, and my dad married a Christian songwriter and now goes to church. I've learned to understand that religion teaches only what you dont know, and the more you know the less it comforts you. Religion is responsible for billions of murders and tortures throughout history, so it's hard for me to say "I see the good in it". But I have also learned to be as tolerant and accepting as I hope people are of me.

6. Jacey85

Jacey85 Member

Money:
    151⛀
    You have to decide for yourself how much of your happiness is tied to them being part of your gay life. Some people never share that part of themselves. Personally I chose to be honest and forthcoming, but lost most of my family because of it. It's hard to know without being you. But I can relate to the struggle of hiding for a long time. Stay safe!

7. AdorkableButch

AdorkableButch Member

Money:
    391⛀
    dude you need to chill I have never stated that .. you got all butthurt over me disagreeing with you then left over 50 notifications for the entire week I've been off here on my profile .. I get it you're psychotic ..listen somebody havind a different viewpoint than you doesn't mean you get to slander individuals.. you don't bother me you just creep me out with this weird obsession of blowing up my notifications repeating yourself like a dipshit ... I'd love to see you post exactly where I said that since you know you're clearly full of poop :)

GamerGirl92 and Autonomous like this.
  8. GamerGirl92

GamerGirl92 LGBT Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

I guess id say that I was really late to figuring myself out. For most of my life I just called myself asexual since I never had feelings for anyone of any gender. It wasn't until more recently, the past year or 2 that i've realized I was into girls. Looking back though, I think there were signs early on. I remember doing things with a couple of my female friends, but I just thought it was normal since they were doing the same. Anyway, I still havent told my parents or anyone in my family. Sexuality and relationships arent really something thats talked about in my family, so even if I did want to tell them, I wouldnt really have an opportunity without making it really awkward. Ive told a few people I work with ad theyve all been supportive, but im still nervous to tell my family. My family isnt religious at all, but they find 'gays' to be gross. Theyve threatened in the past to essentially disown me or my brother if either of us were gay. As of right now, I have no desire to tell them anything about an sexual issues in m life. My only concern really is that if I find someone who happens to be female, and her and I want to become more serious. I know that ill have to make a choice between her or my family, and thats not choice im eager to make

Frankey, MCMXCII and Pinguu like this.
  9. Pinguu

Pinguu Well-Known Member FCN Regular

@GamerGirl92 , Good luck, and best wishes to you. Since you mentioned a sibling if anything may be open up to him. Sometimes help to have an ally in the family.

GamerGirl92 likes this.
  10. RandomGR

RandomGR Member FCN Regular

Money:
    105⛀
    Guys, in some cases it has nothing to do with religion. To be clear, I am not talking about the extremely religious parents. The ones that wouldn't even put up with a girl wearing pants, cause these extreme cases don't put up with many more things and not only gays. It has to do with the way of thinking of some people. Some people are just not ok with homosexuality, for their own reasons, and probably use religion to cover themselves up and to justify their own opinions.

11. GamerGirl92

GamerGirl92 LGBT Forum & Chat Moderator Staff Member FCN Regular

That makes it even worse. People are bigoted and hateful for no other reason than to be those things. What 2 consensual adults do in their bedroom is of no concern to anyone but those two people

12. RandomGR

RandomGR Member FCN Regular

Money:
    105⛀
    I totaly agree, noone should care. But human mind is an abyss and rationality is not some peoples best trait.